Proposed: Policy on Taking Down Showcases

OK, I'm not going to name names here (besides, I'm not sure I could remember all of them anyway).

It is extremely frustrating to see an attractive lady, click on her showcase, read her profile, maybe go to her website or P411 site, rooting around to see if we might be compatible...only to find out: she is retired, semi-retired, not seeing new clients, or the like.

In order to separate the wheat from the chaff, it would be nice if ECCIE would block the showcase once it comes to ECCIE's attention that said provider is no longer available.

Now, I know I'm going to catch a lot of hell for this, but honestly, why does an unavailable lady want her showcase up? If she is still providing, she has her regulars. If she's retired, then she isn't seeking business. And if she's in an exclusive relationship...well, that speaks for itself.
Seems rude to me, to make you fellas check 'em out if they're not given up the goods anymore.
A bit hard to distinguish who's active and who's not. Some ladies might leave the showcase active and retire without telling anyone and some may still be in business but they probably just don't log on for hours, days, months, etc. Usually though if we know they are no longer around, the showcase goes away.
Haha - I took mine down since there really isn't a way for me to best do all that says on my website. If a guy can't access the website and contacts me (I know this happens at some work places) he can contact me and I will open it briefly.

I honestly got sick of men being lazy and not doing their full homework.
THT, why not leave it up with pics and bio info at least. You can always say "see website" or "see reviews" for rates/activities. I know that a showcase is the first place I look for info on a lady. Just make sure you have good links to your site and whatever review sites.

Why not use the the tools that ECCIE makes available to you?

Charles....Is this really a big problem? I really haven't noticed this happening excessively.
my 2 cents is this... if a lady has her own website that she maintains all the info on, then any 3rd party postings should point to that site. There are alot that do that and God Bless Em since 99% of all your questions about them will be answered there.

If she retires all she has to do is change that one site... the others will point to her site and you get the message.
Charles....Is this really a big problem? I really haven't noticed this happening excessively. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I don't know that it's a HUGE problem. I just realized that I went through the rigmarole in the last week with at least two providers (wasted time as far as I'm concerned, which is the main commodity here). One or two others say up front on their showcases that they are retired. OK, but then why are they leaving the showcases up? Isn't that a form of advertising? Does it belie the statement that they are retired?

Some ladies have as much business as they can handle, but are still open to more. Others need more. If we were to week out the showcases of those ladies, then maybe the ladies that are open to or want more business would get a better showing on the board.

And notice, I'm not asking ECCIE to police this, or the providers to police it. I think it would be appropriate to have this "trigger" in place, so, if it is reported to ECCIE, ECCIE can take the showcase down.
THT, why not leave it up with pics and bio info at least. You can always say "see website" or "see reviews" for rates/activities. I know that a showcase is the first place I look for info on a lady. Just make sure you have good links to your site and whatever review sites.

Why not use the the tools that ECCIE makes available to you?

Charles....Is this really a big problem? I really haven't noticed this happening excessively. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Laziness really annoys me is why I don't. I have managed to stay away from so many jerks on board, and found that the ones who REALLY want to see me make the effort.

Of course I am a lot different than a lot of ladies, Money is secondary, GREAT SAFE visits are the priority.
I would like to see an auto trigger as well.. on my Dyndns account I have to log into it every so often to keep it active.

If something like that could be set up, say the lady has to touch base once a month otherwise the profile switches to a "vacation" profile.. think of it like an out of office message you get at work when you send someone email who is out for a few days.

If they do not touch base it switches to this "on vacation" but when they log in they get a message reminding them to switch back. Also this can be set manually if the lady is going out on a leave of absence.

I think everyone hates researching a lady, reading her sites etc.. then when you call her you find out the # is disconnected, or she is no longer active.
Interesting thoughts and ideas all around!
I have seen this on so many web sites its a problem. Maybe the could make it to where you have to log on at least once a month or your profile is disabled and hidden.
  • TBONE
  • 03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
If a VP doesn't log in to Eccie for 90 days she automatically is downgraded and loses her provider status.

She then needs to contact staff to re activate.

Thanks
T
If a VP doesn't log in to Eccie for 90 days she automatically is downgraded and loses her provider status.

She then needs to contact staff to re activate.

Thanks
T Originally Posted by TBONE
Tx, T.