Info? Is This Legit?

That eccie.net gets only a grade "C" for security?

https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/?id=5PQj8Dlr
My purpose and thoughts on this is what if ECCIE is hacked like Ashely Madison was??
Hacking of any website or computer network should always be a concern.

AM had lots of RW info data.

But, since obviously no one ever inputs his or her real world data in here, what should we be worried about losing?

Obviously, there might be some individual data retained by the site, such as registration or posting IP addresses. Yes, that conceivably could be tracked back to an ISP and even to a physical address. But, so what! Visiting a website or posting on a website is not a criminal act per se.

imo, we all should pay a lot more attention to securing our RW in person stuff.

Keep your cell phones secure, don't use wi-fi you don't know is 100 pct secure, don't do things in public that get you noticed or visit non-secure neighborhoods.

Happy Hobbying!
Actually when i signed up for eccie i had to send in my drivers license with a face pic
Check with one of the moderators, but I am guessing that information should not be kept on the server, but off-line.
This is what I was told and understand. Mods, please tell me if I am wrong.

Ashley Madison kept all credit card information and user information on their own site. When it was hacked all the user information was there for the taking.

Eccie and other sites use a 3rd party billing company, I think it is CCBill. When a person pays CCBill then they notify Eccie that user name unit12 has paid and can be activated. The credit card #'s and names are not explicitly linked. I used my RL credit card based on this assumption.

The charge shows up on my credit card with a generic name like TOTAL40 or some such. Maybe if all CCBills for Eccie were TOTAL40 maybe somebody could tie the two together. I don't know.
Nikki, my understanding of the site's vetting system is that you may cover the DL personal info, just leaving the face and birthdate visible.
Yes it is legit.

The best thing they could do would be to disable SSL3, however one downside of that is that it could break anyone using IE6 or Windows XP to access the site.