Corpus Christi Musician/Drummer David Poco Falcon RIP

Poco Falcon was a Corpus Christi Musician/Drummer who passed away on August 1 at age 60. Poco was a badass drummer who played in many Corpus Christi Bands. Poco played drums for Sam Neely, The Little Ducks From Mars, The Technobrats, Freddie Fender, Austin Blues Great-W.C Clark & Willie Nelson. Poco was a wild man back in the day, he loved to party, surf and play the drums.

Back in the early 1980's to mid 80's, Poco was the drummer for The Little Ducks from Mars. The Little Ducks From Mars ruled Corpus Christi back then. The Iron Horse was a small bar located on Robert Street behind Town & Country Shopping Center, The Little Ducks played there a lot. The Iron Horse wound up changing their name to Mars and expanded the size of their bar from a small bar to a large bar due to the massive popularity of the Little Ducks From Mars.

Poco had a stroke around 15 years ago and lost use of one of his arms. Poco had another stroke a number of months ago and lost the use of his body. He could not dress him self, feed him self & he had swallowing problems, he could not talk. A good friend/ex room mate of Poco's-Ray R who lives in the Austin Area organized a benefit for Poco. The Twirlybird Benefit For Poco Falcon was held back in April at Hoegemeyers BBQ Barn. It was an Open Jam with some of Corpus Christi's Finest Musicians. Guitarist Jeff Anderson hosted the event. There were Musicians who still lived in Corpus Christi & many Musicians who no longer live in Corpus that came to help out their Brother Poco. The Sanchez Brothers from Austin-Sid, Rick & the drummer brother whose name I can't remember right now-suffering from a brain fart, Howard McLaughlin from North Texas, Chris Stevenson from Austin. People were making cash donations & there were a number of very nice items that were donated for a silent auction-a very nice Slimline Fender Telecaster, jewelry, surf boards, paintings, watches. The Benefit raised over $11,000 for Poco. Pretty good out pouring of love for Poco from a bunch of old surfers & Musicians helping out a Brother. I enjoyed the Music and seeing many people & Musicians who I had not seen in many many years.

A Memorial Service for Poco is being held at Corpus Christi Funeral Home on Baldwin this evening Friday August 8, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.