A Showcase Question

Hopefully this is in the right forum, if not...feel free to move it.

Are the Showcases chosen randomly through some sort of lottery type system?

I'm just wondering because it seems that some show up a LOT more frequently than others.

No complaints, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that.
Hopefully this is in the right forum, if not...feel free to move it.

Are the Showcases chosen randomly through some sort of lottery type system?

I'm just wondering because it seems that some show up a LOT more frequently than others.

No complaints, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that. Originally Posted by vnurse
+1. Been wondering this myself. I thought the frequency of Texas providers might be due to the number of Texas providers as opposed to elsewhere. But then I see the same faces (tits/asses?) over and over?
I'm glad to know that it isn't just me!
It isn't just you; hell for a while all I saw were Dallas Providers.

I was told its random.....but....
Random isn't always the most fair or best way to do something. Random number generation functions are trickier than a lot of programmers can actually understand. I build world generating programs for game programming type stuff in the past. There are real random generator and pseudo random generators. A pseudo will repeat eventually while a real random system has no guaranty for ever repeating.

Just because something is really random doesn't mean it will be fair. A true random number generator gives an equal chance of showing each possible out come each and every time. So it is possible to have a total random set of number show up or even an entire group all being the same. Not as probable but the potential is there.
So you could have a set of numbers look something like this come out. 2345634353344888882342860342 and it be nothing wrong with it.

It would be more fair to dump the showcases into a fifo or round robin system and use it. Each Item would then get a chance of being seen in the order they were put in the system.
i'd imagine the hobbist's location would factor in to the choice of showcase providers, no?
i'd imagine the hobbist's location would factor in to the choice of showcase providers, no? Originally Posted by kaitlin
For "Featured Showcases" -- I don't think so. But I've been wrong before.