How to post a photo in a thread

You were close Richard. Rather than the whole webpage, right click the image itself on that page, and copy the actual pic address. Put that within the IMG tags.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/c5fac9cda...4hfmo1_500.jpg
Great info
So, there's no way to actually post a picture on ECCIE? You must link a picture in? Originally Posted by nicemusic
Yes you can.

You might have to change your posting options to get the "menu" for it though, maybe a mod/admin can clarify that part.

You'll have to be in advanced posting mode for this.
Scroll down and select manage attachments.

Then in the window that opens up, take a look at the allowed file types. If you're file isn't one of those then you'll have to convert it or you can't post it.

Select browse to navigate to the pictures you want to upload.

Once you click browse it'll open up the Windows Explorer window where you'll actually go to the file locations and select the files you want. Unfortunately you can't ctrl+click or shift+click pictures to select multiple pics at a time to upload in groups, so you'll have to add them one at a time.

Once you've selected the pic you want and click "open" it'll select the pic and add it to the "to be uploaded" queue. From here you can select a different pic to add to the queue, or simply upload the currently selected pic by pressing the upload button. To upload more you repeat the process of clicking browse, selecting a pic, clicking open then clicking upload again.

Once you've clicked upload you'll be able to see the filenames of the pics you've uploaded. From here you can close the "Manage Attachments" window all together.

Once you've closed the uploading window you can see your attachments in the "Attach files" section.

Keep in mind you have a finite number of attachments you can add. As you probably saw, I've attached photos to posts and as long as I keep them "posted" they count toward my quota. Again maybe mods/admins can weigh in on raising quota limits etc.

Also keep in mind that there's a resolution size limit for picture files, so you can't attach some 2560x1600 size pic to a post. If you're below 1300x1300 you should be good. If not you'll have to resize the pic in paint/photoshop/GIMP.

Another drawback to attaching pics to posts is they always show up at the end of your post, so I couldn't have made this post the way I did with attaching the pics to the post.

And the last drawback is it's harder to rearrange attached files. If you add 2 or 3 pics, then want pic 4 to be the first pic, you'll have to remove all the pics and start over uploading pic 4 first then the rest as the first pic you upload will be the first pic posted. Having pics hosted somewhere else and posting the links is tons easier and faster to rearrange.

Pic below is what it'll look like when you attach files to the post.

Attachment 246116
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]When i select the manage attachments tab it pulls up the browse button but norhing happems when i select it. Someone help plz. Thnx[/COLOR]
  • Mokoa
  • 12-02-2013, 06:15 PM
When you click on that browse button a common dialog box should appear. In that common dialog box you select the image file you wish to upload as an attachment.
I use this trick. I see pic or image that I like from a website. I like right-click and select Copy Image Location. Then, I can use that image in a thread that I am posting.
Seems everything's ok uploading an image from my iPhone files, however when I want to add the next pic, it just replaces the one that I already had in Q. What am I missing here?

Practice image
Thanks

I was confused as to why I couldn't upload pictures directly on here. But I made a free ImageCoast account as suggested, so now I can share my pictures.
How does all
this work with IPhone?
Where does one find that icon to click on?
  • Mokoa
  • 01-15-2015, 10:55 PM
It is on the page that displays when you are replying to a thread.
test
test
test