20 July, 1969 an American walked on the moon

Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin, and Michael Collins left earth for the moon on Apollo 11. As Collins orbited the moon Armstrong left the first mark on another world. We should remember this day but I'm afraid too many have forgotten, more don't care, and too many don't believe.

I remember watching this on our crappy color TV at home. The reception was bad because we all used antenna. Walter Cronkite did the play by play but the picture was better on ABC and Jules Bergman was entertaining.

Yes, I do have to drop a political point that Obama has destroyed our manned space program and I hardy believe that Obama will even acknowledge this date and his contribution.
John Kennedy told the director of NASA to put an American on the moon. Obama told the directer of NASA to make the Muslims feel better about their contribution to science. I think the contrast between these two facts speaks volumes about where this country has gone in one generation.
No worries, Romney will put a man on the sun!
John Kennedy told the director of NASA to put an American on the moon. Obama told the directer of NASA to make the Muslims feel better about their contribution to science. I think the contrast between these two facts speaks volumes about where this country has gone in one generation. Originally Posted by joe bloe

You are off your meds again
But Ekim, that is exactly what President Obama told the director to do.
Ah;;;; the summer of 69..........

Man walks the moon, Woodstock, Manson murders, Stonewall riots, Mary Joe killed, Blotter Acid, the Miracle Mets, The Chicago 8 trial, Midnight Cowboy, Tommy, Nixon...wow.....

Things look damn calm right now....
Ah;;;; the summer of 69..........

Man walks the moon, Woodstock, Manson murders, Stonewall riots, Mary Joe killed, Blotter Acid, the Miracle Mets, The Chicago 8 trial, Midnight Cowboy, Tommy, Nixon...wow.....

Things look damn calm right now.... Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Wait a couple of years. We're approaching the tipping point. I'm starting to think the Mayans may have called it just about right.
Just look around. We are approaching critical mass for an enormous breakdown of society. At that point, the people will demand a charismatic leader who will restore order. Never mind freedom, just keep us safe. The perfect precursor to a dictator.

I'm not one of those, but there are some who think this has been the plan all along.

But then, I'm just a "chicken little" alarmist.
You fuckers better be stockpiling jugs of water and canned hams for your bunkers right away!

The shit is falling! The shit is falling!

LMAO!!!
Just look around. We are approaching critical mass for an enormous breakdown of society. At that point, the people will demand a charismatic leader who will restore order. Never mind freedom, just keep us safe. The perfect precursor to a dictator.

I'm not one of those, but there are some who think this has been the plan all along.

But then, I'm just a "chicken little" alarmist. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And who better to have in office, when the system crashes, than Comrade Obama. I wonder, if I make reservations, will I be able to get better accommodations in the FEMA camp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K17kA50c1zs
Take your money of the US, have your passport handy and a plane ticket ready and you'll be OK. Just do your homework on where you're headed. Make sure you can have a little business while you weather the storm and enough savings to complement your income.
Take your money of the US, have your passport handy and a plane ticket ready and you'll be OK. Just do your homework on where you're headed. Make sure you can have a little business while you weather the storm and enough savings to complement your income. Originally Posted by icuminpeace
Right, just come back in a hundred years, when the storm has passed. I'm thinking cryongenics may be a good way to go.
Can't leave. My grandkids are here. I'll weather the storm with them. I'd rather be in a prison camp with them, than free on a beach somewhere without them.
I'm not sure what stage I'm in, when it comes to Kubler-Ross' five stages of grief, regarding America's imminent demise. I think it might be less painful to skip ahead and go straight to acceptance.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
That was the "exceptional" America. It doesn't exist anymore.

And COG is right about what Obama told NASA about the Muslims.