Incredible Finish, Jean Van de Velde you led the way

Heartbreaker for Adam Scott, perhaps even WTF would feel empathy
Ranks with Mcilroy's Sunday meltdown at Augusta.
  • WTF
  • 07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I think Adam will win two majors in his career. How ever many he wins, people will say he should have won one more. I bet on him to win this years Masters, great odds and he finished in the top ten , I believe? Glad I did not bet on him to win the British, that was a hard loss. Good for Ernie though. I followed him and Westwood in the final round of this years Shell Houston Open. Always liked the Big easy's swing. Could watch him and Couples play 24/7.
who was the French guy who choked on the last hole a couple of years ago?

the question is, will Tiger win another? about 20-30 young kids that are better than him
but I am glad Ernie won
who was the French guy who choked on the last hole a couple of years ago?
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Look at the thread title, and it was more like ten or eleven years ago
I am in the minority, but I'am of the opinion Tiger will NOT break/tie Nicklaus's 18 major win record...Tiger has 2 more major victories in his future.

the question is, will Tiger win another? about 20-30 young kids that are better than him
but I am glad Ernie won Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Tiger has been in contention the last two majors. Has finished in the top 10 , maybe top 5. I think he is close to being back. Problem is all the other players have gotten better so being back won't be as dominate as it used to be. I do not care for the guy but if he stays healthy , I think he will break Jack's record.

side note, Whirly do you know how many seconds Jack had. That is a incredible record by it self! It is like 19.
Tiger has been in contention the last two majors. Has finished in the top 10 , maybe top 5. I think he is close to being back. Problem is all the other players have gotten better so being back won't be as dominate as it used to be. I do not care for the guy but if he stays healthy , I think he will break Jack's record.

side note, Whirly do you know how many seconds Jack had. That is a incredible record by it self! It is like 19. Originally Posted by WTF
yeah i heard jack talk about that once...he said something like "when i was playing i wasnt chasing any record and i wasnt shooting for anything like tiger is...and maybe with all the seconds i had in majors if i had some record goal in mind, i might have had some mental spurring or slightly more intensity to win and maybe i would have had more" not exact but that was the essence.

golf is mental, like everything really is, tiger seems to be more on edge mentally, both his highs and lows, than many other golfers....i think that hurts him.

the stripping of his veneer with his life out there in the open has gone a long way to belling the cat...his mind was shellacked when he was exposed.