Hugo Chavez Endorses Obama

In a shock to many onlookers, Hugo Chavez announced that he was supporting Barack Obama in his bid for a second term as POTUS. Chavez also did not spare Romney from criticism. From the article:

In a campaign speech Saturday night, Chavez equated the agenda of his challenger, Henrique Capriles, with that of Romney, saying both men represent the callously selfish capitalist elite.

Chavez sees a contrast between his opponent, and the race between Romney and Obama, citing that the losing side, namely Romney, and Chavez' opponent, Capriles, represented "capitalism"

Hugo Chavez endorses Obama. Hmmmm . . .

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-22-18-19-21

What is that phrase again... oh, it takes one to know one.
You'd think the Obamatons would be jumping for joy at this announcement. I just don't get it. An endorsement from a major world leader? I mean, that's impressive!

Romney has his work cut out for him, that's for sure.
  • Seedy
  • 07-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Birds,( I mean communists) of a feather flock together....lol
Where do you buy your fuel???
Valero.
Does Ekim have a point, or is he lost on the board again?
All fuel distributed by Citco is from Venezsuela as they own it.

Most fuel refined in Texas coast refineries comes from Venezsuela because those refineries were specifically designed to use that crude because of proximity.

Chavez is a colorful guy and he's got a lot of cash to throw around. $$$$$$$$
And he likes Obama.
I bet Obama wishes he could come out of the closet and endorse Chavez. Maybe, if Obama is reelected, God forbid, he'll feel comfortable enough to endorse Chavez and go visit Castro. If he's reelected, he'll finally be able to start attending mosque services and praying five times a day. He may even make a pilgrimage to Mecca.
  • Seedy
  • 07-22-2012, 11:51 PM
I'd like to see him take a LONG pilgramige to Leavanworth Kansas....
I'd like to see him take a LONG pilgramige to Leavanworth Kansas.... Originally Posted by seedman55
Maybe we can deport him back to Mombasa. If he's lucky, his half brother George, will let him live in his mud hut.
Obama will take over the mud hut, and rule it from day 1.
They look pretty friendly to me

There are some things that a man just can't control like rain on his parade.

I'm sure there are some endorsements, President Obama would rather do totally without, but if some dictator wants to endorse him, how can he prevent it?

Maybe sending a fully armed drone to Caracas, might be viewed by some as too strong a message.

. . . But hey, these new-fangled things sometimes just fly off-course, you know like unwanted endorsements!