NFL Pigskins at the Public Trough

https://townhall.com/columnists/mich...rough-n2386976

NFL Pigskins at the Public Trough

Michelle Malkin's report on the NFL at the public trough.

As for the NFL's status as a "private" enterprise? That's some Super Bowl-sized audacity right there. I first started tracking publicly subsidized sports boondoggles with my very first watchdog website, Porkwatch, back in 1999. Since then, taxpayers at all levels of government have foot the bill for football stadiums to the tune of an estimated $1 billion every year.

corporate welfare at its embarrassing finest and they have no shame!
This entire professional sports franchise crap is just that, crap.

They get everything. First, the taxpayers subsidize the building of billion dollar facilities. Then, the team gets all of the parking revenue, the concession revenue, ticket sale, and anything else they can bilk out of the public.

Then, if the owner decides to move his franchise, the taxpayers get stuck.

Hen Bud Adams left town years ago, Harris County Taxpayers got stuck for continuing bills on improvements to the Astrodome that were put in place to compel him to stay. What a rip off.

I live in Houston. The team we have is called "The Houston Texans". That's bullshit. What they really are is a Profesional Football Team named the Texans that conned Harris County into building them a place to play.
Go Chiefs!

The latest reason why players are kneeling for the anthem is because Francis Scott Key was a slave owner and somewhere buried in the third verse is a nasty slave reference. Yeah, I didn't even know there were three verses.
The latest reason why players are kneeling for the anthem is because Francis Scott Key was a slave owner and somewhere buried in the third verse is a nasty slave reference. Yeah, I didn't even know there were three verses. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The "slaves" in question were the "slaves" of the British Empire who were impressed into His Majesty's service by press gangs who kidnapped the unwary and forced them either into His Majesty's army or, more likely, navy and compelled by the whip to stay there. But the ignorant are led by the mendacious, and intelligence and the wisdom of education escapes the lot of them.
  • WTF
  • 10-06-2017, 10:05 AM
. Yeah, I didn't even know there were three verses. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Exactly!

The reason you did not know was because you and 99% never gave a fuck.

The whole thing is a lesson in stupidity.

The difference between me and some of you is that you are just now bitching about John Q Public building these stadiums.

If you research the stadium where the Texas Rangers play baseball, you will find out how GWBush made all his money. It was by buying in at a small amount and then convincing the city of Arlington to build them a stadium.

I bet all you babies crying about the National anthem and now Stadiums voted for GWB and never batted an eye as to how he made his money.

Exactly!

The reason you did not know was because you and 99% never gave a fuck.

The whole thing is a lesson in stupidity.

The difference between me and some of you is that you are just now bitching about John Q Public building these stadiums.

If you research the stadium where the Texas Rangers play baseball, you will find out how GWBush made all his money. It was by buying in at a small amount and then convincing the city of Arlington to build them a stadium.

I bet all you babies crying about the National anthem and now Stadiums voted for GWB and never batted an eye as to how he made his money.

. Originally Posted by WTF
I suppose you buy stocks at a high point and sell at a low point.

Bush was wealthy when he was born. The Rangers were a toy. All the owners in every sport do the same thing.
I bet all you babies crying about the National anthem and now Stadiums voted for GWB and never batted an eye as to how he made his money. Originally Posted by WTF
I'll bet you would've voted for JFK in 1960 and never batted an eye over the fact that his family fortune came from bootlegging during Prohibition.

I'll bet you never batted an eye over how the Clintons made millions through their pay-for-play faux charity and speeches either. They selflessly demonstrated how working in "public service" is a huge sacrifice!
This entire professional sports franchise crap is just that, crap.

They get everything. First, the taxpayers subsidize the building of billion dollar facilities. Then, the team gets all of the parking revenue, the concession revenue, ticket sale, and anything else they can bilk out of the public.

Then, if the owner decides to move his franchise, the taxpayers get stuck. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And this is why i don't feel they should be allowed to be called a PRIVATE enterprise.. WHEN Damn near all their funding is PUBLIC..
  • WTF
  • 10-06-2017, 05:55 PM
I'll bet you would've voted for JFK in 1960 and never batted an eye over the fact that his family fortune came from bootlegging during Prohibition.

I'll bet you never batted an eye over how the Clintons made millions through their pay-for-play faux charity and speeches either. They selflessly demonstrated how working in "public service" is a huge sacrifice! Originally Posted by lustylad
I did not vote for Clinton for that very fact....

But the subject matter of this thread was Stadiums.

And that is how GWB became wealthy. He made it off the backs of taxpayers via public support of a Stadium. Not sure why that is so hard to follow. Why now are you starting to broach this subject? Because some players are taking a knee? You should have been against this from the start...which I have been.

Were I alive in the thirties, I would have been against Prohibition. But I understand your point.

Bush was wealthy when he was born. The Rangers were a toy. All the owners in every sport do the same thing. Originally Posted by bambino
WDF misremembers history and likes to tell people "what they are thinking." Hilarious.

My guess is that WDF has made a small fortune in business. However, he started with a large one.
The "slaves" in question were the "slaves" of the British Empire who were impressed into His Majesty's service by press gangs who kidnapped the unwary and forced them either into His Majesty's army or, more likely, navy and compelled by the whip to stay there. But the ignorant are led by the mendacious, and intelligence and the wisdom of education escapes the lot of them. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
all of it based on the rum, whip & sodomy!
all of it based on the rum, whip & sodomy! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

RE: Britain's naval tradition: "Rum, sodomy and the lash," Winston Churchill. Now it appears that Churchill didn't say that after all. According to Churchill's personal assistant, Montague-Browne, Churchill told him, “I never said it. I wish I had.”
Why don’t all of you silly fuckers forget about pro football.

That leaves more for us!!!

We are TEXANS!!!

• WTF
  • 10-07-2017, 07:26 AM

Bush was wealthy when he was born. The Rangers were a toy. All the owners in every sport do the same thing. Originally Posted by bambino
Bush was connected when he was born....he'd made no money on his own. The money he made off the Rangers was a direct result of government intervention.

Isn't that wtf the thread is about? Which is worse, a black football player taking a knee or corrupt political transfers of wealth from the taxpayers to private citizens through political connections?

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2000...-texas-rangers

When George W. Bush first embarked on a deal to buy the Texas Rangers professional baseball team in 1988, he already had his eye on the governor's mansion in Austin. But he knew that to have a shot at winning, he would need better credentials than a string of unsuccessful oil companies and a failed bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. In 1989 he told Time magazine, "My biggest liability in Texas is the question, 'What's the boy ever done?' He could be riding on Daddy's name."

Bush had no money to speak of....he had his Father name.

After many failed businesses