And the New York Times says: "Senate dim-retards Block Bill to Keep Government Open Past Midnight"

Senate dim-retards Block Bill to Keep Government Open Past Midnight; Shutdown Looms

Senate dim-reatrds on Friday night blocked passage of a month-long stopgap spending bill to keep the government funded past midnight, leaving less than two hours to find a path forward before much of the government was set to shut down.

(NYT)
It will henceforth and forever hereafter be known as the: "The Schumer Shutdown"!
I often wonder WHY ITS even called a Shutdown.. Everyone still gets paid don't they? SO WHAT exactly is being shutdown?
I often wonder WHY ITS even called a Shutdown.. Everyone still gets paid don't they? SO WHAT exactly is being shutdown? Originally Posted by garhkal
Yep and with the thieving Congress critters and Senators having passed a law that GUARANTEES that THEY get paid even during a shutdown, THEY aren't motivated to do the friggen jobs they were elected to do !
political kabuki
  • Old-T
  • 01-20-2018, 11:33 AM
It will henceforth and forever hereafter be known as the: "The Schumer Shutdown"! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
What a hypocrite you are (no surprise there): when the Reps did the exact same thing, it was the Dems fault. Now it is (in your small mind) still the Dems fault though we have a Rep president, Senate, and House.

Reality: It was both sides refusing to reach middle ground then, and it is the same now.

Yep and with the thieving Congress critters and Senators having passed a law that GUARANTEES that THEY get paid even during a shutdown, THEY aren't motivated to do the friggen jobs they were elected to do ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Yep, get rid of all those who can't come to a common ground. Reps & Dems alike. Line them up from most conservative to most liberal and fire the 20% on each end.
What a hypocrite you are (no surprise there): when the Reps did the exact same thing, it was the Dems fault. Now it is (in your small mind) still the Dems fault though we have a Rep president, Senate, and House.

Reality: It was both sides refusing to reach middle ground then, and it is the same now.
Originally Posted by Old-T
Go screw yourself, Old-THUMPER. The New York Times headline made the claim that it was the dim-retards that shut the government down, Old-THUMPER. A CNN poll says the same thing, Old-THUMPER.

This was a funding bill, Old-THUMPER, that provided funding for the U.S. military and for healthcare for children, Old-THUMPER.

What's the fucking "middle ground" on those issues that the dim-retards couldn't accept, Old-THUMPER? The Republicans were actually ideologically opposed to the legislation when they rejected the bill in question, Old-THUMPER. In this present instance, the Republicans purposefully accommodated dim-retard interests by creating a bill they dims could not honestly reject on ideological grounds, Old-THUMPER. Hence, the dims are being dishonest when they reject it, Old-THUMPER.

The dim-retards made an issue out of something the bill isn't even about, Old-THUMPER. Welcome to Schumer's Shutdown, Old THUMPER!
I often wonder WHY ITS even called a Shutdown.. Everyone still gets paid don't they? SO WHAT exactly is being shutdown? Originally Posted by garhkal
Not quite true. Some will not get paid while the government is “shutdown”. But will receive compensation while they were off. In essence,a paid vacation. The military still works thru a shutdown without getting paid. But will receive the back pay when the government resumes. Congress, on the other hand, gets paid while the government is shutdown. Big surprise.
  • WTF
  • 01-20-2018, 12:20 PM
So many will get a paid vacation....surprised they do not have more of these!
Trump is pissed he is staying in town instead of golfing and attending a fund raiser in FL.
  • Old-T
  • 01-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Typical IB "logic":
-when Cruz & Co did it, they were being moral crusaiders
-when tbe Dems do it they are evil politicizing scum

Why am I not surprised at your fopping.

It was equally wrong tben and now. But you can't admit tbat,
and neither can the LWWs.

And before you get too engrossed in "since tbe majority think the Dems are at fault, so they must be", remember, if we went by that we would have Psycopath Clinton as president (heaven forbid). The majority is the majority, but not always right.

Go screw yourself, Old-THUMPER. The New York Times headline made the claim that it was the dim-retards that shut the government down, Old-THUMPER. A CNN poll says the same thing, Old-THUMPER.

This was a funding bill, Old-THUMPER, that provided funding for the U.S. military and for healthcare for children, Old-THUMPER.

What's the fucking "middle ground" on those issues that the dim-retards couldn't accept, Old-THUMPER? The Republicans were actually ideologically opposed to the legislation when they rejected the bill in question, Old-THUMPER. In this present instance, the Republicans purposefully accommodated dim-retard interests by creating a bill they dims could not honestly reject on ideological grounds, Old-THUMPER. Hence, the dims are being dishonest when they reject it, Old-THUMPER.

The dim-retards made an issue out of something the bill isn't even about, Old-THUMPER. Welcome to Schumer's Shutdown, Old THUMPER!
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Typical IB "logic":

And before you get too engrossed in "since tbe majority think the Dems are at fault, so they must be", remember, if we went by that we would have Psycopath Clinton as president (heaven forbid). The majority is the majority, but not always right.
You're the crass, disingenuous jackass, Old-THUMPER. The dim-retards shoved the ideologically objectionable Odumbocare down Republican's throat, Old-THUMPER, and they objected.

There was NO FUCKING COMPROMISE by the dim-retards, Old-THUMPER.

Compare that with this bill wherein the Republicans thoroughly compromised by putting in it NOTHING THAT COULD REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED IDEOLOGICALLY OBJECTIONABLE, Old-THUMPER.

That your drunk-ass can't see the fucking difference only demonstrates that you're on at least your third bottle of MD 20/20 this afternoon, Old-THUMPER.
You're the crass, disingenuous jackass, Old-THUMPER. The dim-retards shoved the ideologically objectionable Odumbocare down Republican's throat, Old-THUMPER, and they objected.

There was NO FUCKING COMPROMISE by the dim-retards, Old-THUMPER.

Compare that with this bill wherein the Republicans thoroughly compromised by putting in it NOTHING THAT COULD REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED IDEOLOGICALLY OBJECTIONABLE, Old-THUMPER.

That your drunk-ass can't see the fucking difference only demonstrates that you're on at least your third bottle of MD 20/20 this afternoon, Old-THUMPER.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Mebbe he should look at getting a case of that dingleberry wine like assup sent to shriLIARy ! He might not like it's PUNGENCY ( boquet ) and grow to like it's POTENCY !
Yep, get rid of all those who can't come to a common ground. Reps & Dems alike. Line them up from most conservative to most liberal and fire the 20% on each end. Originally Posted by Old-T
Can the "firing" squad use an anti-aircraft weapon like Kim Jong-Un does when he executes his relatives?
Not quite true. Some will not get paid while the government is “shutdown”. But will receive compensation while they were off. In essence,a paid vacation. The military still works thru a shutdown without getting paid. But will receive the back pay when the government resumes. Congress, on the other hand, gets paid while the government is shutdown. Big surprise. Originally Posted by bambino
You know what else that doesn't get shutdown?????????? Tax payments, any weekly aka payroll taxes, monthly, quarterly all must be paid.

If the Federal government spent money that comes in properly we could go a long way just on that money. ooohhbb, but that's the Federal Government they've never done anything in comme il faut manner, they just know how to f**k
everything up.
Typical IB "logic":

Old-Teetotaler, go home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM48uF35ms

and watch this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nm0vQwO5c