Nancy "Let Them Eat Cake" Pelosi parties while troops go without pay.

Yesterday, Politico's Jake Sherman tweeted that Pelosi was hosting a party to celebrate "Schumer's Shutdown" at an upscale Washington D.C. restaurant, Aqua Al 2, for all House dim-retards.

As Jackie is fond of saying, some more counties just turned red.
I personally favor LOCKING THEM THE HELL in the halls of congress, NO ONE IN, NO ONE OUT, till they get this done...
Pelosi never fails to deliver stupidity.
Pelosi never fails to deliver stupidity. Originally Posted by bambino
Confirmed when she "delivered" Obaminable Care!

Hopefully soon she will be "speaker of the house" of the newly formed country of Californication. Then she will probably desire a well paid and well armed U.S. military to defend them from the "boat people" coming from the South!
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2018, 07:11 AM
Sounds to me like the GOP was using the military pay as a Prop.

https://villages-news.com/senate-maj...-military-pay/

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell kills effort to protect military pay.

Senator Claire McCaskill introduced a resolution that would have secured pay for service members, she then said, “I don’t want one moment to pass with there being any uncertainty of any soldier anywhere in the world that they will be paid for the valiant work they do.
Despite widespread concern for the issue by all citizens The POTUS and Senate leadership didn’t show any regard for protecting military pay as they moved to shut down the government. Senate majority leader McConnell quickly objected to McCaskill’s resolution.
Sounds to me like the GOP was using the military pay as a Prop.

https://villages-news.com/senate-maj...-military-pay/

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell kills effort to protect military pay.

Senator Claire McCaskill introduced a resolution that would have secured pay for service members, she then said, “I don’t want one moment to pass with there being any uncertainty of any soldier anywhere in the world that they will be paid for the valiant work they do.
Despite widespread concern for the issue by all citizens The POTUS and Senate leadership didn’t show any regard for protecting military pay as they moved to shut down the government. Senate majority leader McConnell quickly objected to McCaskill’s resolution. Originally Posted by WTF
The dim-retard’s claim that they offered a “fix” to the problem they created is as disingenuous as Apple claiming it was “assisting” its customers by slowing down the processing speeds of its iPhones. The reality is that those were acts of extortion, pure and simple: not “solutions”.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2018, 08:15 AM
The dim-retard’s claim that they offered a “fix” to the problem they created is as disingenuous as Apple claiming it was “assisting” its customers by slowing down the processing speeds of its iPhones. The reality is that those were acts of extortion, pure and simple: not “solutions”. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No , on this you are wrong.

The subject was military pay.

The Dems offered a solution to fix that problem and the GOP wanted no part of it because they wanted to cry about the military not getting paid.

Notice the GOP had no trouble paying the military in 2013 when they thought they would be blamed...

If you think Trump gives a fuck about anyone other than Trump, you have not been paying attention to Trumps life story.
No , on this you are wrong.

The subject was military pay.

The Dems offered a solution to fix that problem and the GOP wanted no part of it because they wanted to cry about the military not getting paid.

Notice the GOP had no trouble paying the military in 2013 when they thought they would be blamed...

If you think Trump gives a fuck about anyone other than Trump, you have not been paying attention to Trumps life story. Originally Posted by WTF

That's a disingenuous argument. The "continuing resolution" is the patch. A simple vote of "yes" by McCaskill, Schumer and fifteen other dim-retards would be all the "patch" that is needed to keep the government operating.
https://villages-news.com/senate-majority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-kills-effort-protect-military-pay/

Is the "Villages News" written by the village idiot? IB is correct the CR is the patch.

Personally I don't think anyone should get paid and NO back pay once the CR is signed and the government funded. See how fast these assholes get things done then.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2018, 10:26 AM

That's a disingenuous argument. The "continuing resolution" is the patch. A simple vote of "yes" by McCaskill, Schumer and fifteen other dim-retards would be all the "patch" that is needed to keep the government operating.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You could look at every budget as a patch...a yearly patch.

You could look at every budget as a patch...a yearly patch.

. Originally Posted by WTF
Continuing resolutions are what's done in lieu of true legislative appropriations.

When Congress and the president fail to agree on and pass one or more of the regular appropriations bills, a continuing resolution can be passed instead. A continuing resolution continues the pre-existing appropriations at the same levels as the previous fiscal year (or with minor modifications) for a set amount of time. Continuing resolutions typically provide funding at a rate or formula based on the previous year's funding. The funding extends until a specific date or regular appropriations bills are passed, whichever comes first. (Wiki)
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Continuing resolutions are what's done in lieu of true legislative appropriations. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
So you liked one form (GOP) of a patch for the military to get paid but not the other (Dem) form?

...that seems contradictory.

So you liked one form (GOP) of a patch for the military to get paid but not the other (Dem) form?

...that seems contradictory.

. Originally Posted by WTF
The continuing resolution that the dim-retards rejected was a product of pure compromise. Nary a single dim-retard -- including Schumer and Pelosi -- ever intelligently explained what part of that bill was ideologically unacceptable to them. They couldn't, because there was no part that was ideologically unacceptable to them. Yet, the dim-retards contrarily voted "NO" for reasons that had nothing to do with the actual bill. Now that was contrariness for the sake of being contrary.
The continuing resolution that the dim-retards rejected was a product of pure compromise. Nary a single dim-retard -- including Schumer and Pelosi -- ever intelligently explained what part of that bill was ideologically unacceptable to them. They couldn't, because there was no part that was ideologically unacceptable to them. Yet, the dim-retards contrarily voted "NO" for reasons that had nothing to do with the actual bill. Now that was contrariness for the sake of being contrary. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
They wanted to embarrass Trump. That was their only goal. It backfired. As usual.