Accommodations question....

I'm interested in seeing a semi-local provider. She offers outcalls only. We live about 2 hours drive time from each other. She's willing to come over to my area, and I'm willing to go over to her area. If she comes to my area, I can't host, so the question of accommodations comes into play for either situation. Who should provide the accommodations? This is probably something we can work out, but it is an added expense for either party (esp when you factor in an upscale hotel). I'm only planning a 2 hour date, so $150+ for a room on top of $500+ for the donation is getting a bit up there.

Another issue is my time window. I can only see her for a mid-morning session. Most establishments have a 3 PM check in time. It would be kind of awkward to be trying to check in when most people are checking out. I'm sure the "No Tell Motels" can accept an early check in as they are probably use to it, but I'm not into those hotels, and my provider definitely is not into it?

Any help/suggestion for this situation would be greatly appreciated.
I'm interested in seeing a semi-local provider. She offers outcalls only. We live about 2 hours drive time from each other. She's willing to come over to my area, and I'm willing to go over to her area. If she comes to my area, I can't host, so the question of accommodations comes into play for either situation. Who should provide the accommodations? This is probably something we can work out, but it is an added expense for either party (esp when you factor in an upscale hotel). I'm only planning a 2 hour date, so $150+ for a room on top of $500+ for the donation is getting a bit up there.

Another issue is my time window. I can only see her for a mid-morning session. Most establishments have a 3 PM check in time. It would be kind of awkward to be trying to check in when most people are checking out. I'm sure the "No Tell Motels" can accept an early check in as they are probably use to it, but I'm not into those hotels, and my provider definitely is not into it?

Any help/suggestion for this situation would be greatly appreciated. Originally Posted by Cpalmson

Actually, you don't need to go to a 5-star hotel. A good chain hotel will do like Hilton or Marriott. You should be able to find one for well under $150. Call the hotel and ask if they can accommodate an early check-in your day of arrival. Or, better yet, make the reservation over the 'net for the night before. Then call the hotel and explain you won't be in until the next morning, and you'd like a late check out. Most hotels will let you go to Noon or 1 PM on a late check out. That way, you've paid the the room the night before, but you're checking out after your mid-morning fling.

Best of luck.
If you are insisting on a certain scale of room, then you should expect to cover the added cost of getting the venue you require. Otherwise, I'd say she picks and pays for the incall.

This is what I do, anyhow. YOMV.

ETA: Most hotels do not have a problem with early check-ins so long as they have the space available. Sign of the economy, I suppose.
Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I forgot to mention... I'm located in one of the popular Spring Break locations, so "signs of the economy" might not help me in this instance.
Ooooh, good point. Someone's going to have to book in advance then, because you might just have a problem getting a room at all during spring break in a hot spot. But what Charles recommended should work just fine. Book for the night before and tell them you'll need a late check-out. I've never had a problem with higher-end hotels being accomodating of guest requests.

Make sure there's absolutely no problem with the date selected, for either of you, because if there's a no-show on either part then someone will be out a cancellation fee on the room. Just in case, you know. Nothing causes hard feelings quite like a ding to the wallet.
If it really is a mid morning tryst, "what charles and emily said"

I've never had a hotel (even if I have no status there) object to a noon checkout...I have had one or more bluntly tell me that if I wasn't out by 12:01 I'd be charged for another night....but that is rare....

If possible I would check inthe night before, even if it is just to get a key.
Two points.

"Outcall" by definition means you supply the room, I.e., pay for it, normally. Doesn't it? You might be able to negotiate something different, of course.

Other than "spring break" type situations, hotels can be fairly inexpensive. I routinely get a 4-star for $70 or thereabouts, including all taxes and fees, through priceline.com. Hotwire.com has some good rates as well.

Good luck.
Actually, you don't need to go to a 5-star hotel. A good chain hotel will do like Hilton or Marriott. You should be able to find one for well under $150. Call the hotel and ask if they can accommodate an early check-in your day of arrival. Or, better yet, make the reservation over the 'net for the night before. Then call the hotel and explain you won't be in until the next morning, and you'd like a late check out. Most hotels will let you go to Noon or 1 PM on a late check out. That way, you've paid the the room the night before, but you're checking out after your mid-morning fling.

Best of luck. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I strongly agree...
This has never been a problem.
Oh, and I have checked-in at 5am.
What ever you do, call ahead.... You should be fine.
Nina...you may have arrived at 5am, however, that's not an early check-in. That's considered a late check-in by the property, and you are still required to leave at the designated check-out time for the day you arrived...and a waste of your money.

If she's driving two hours to meet you...why doesn't she get the incall and try to take in a few more dates to cover the cost of the room?

During spring break you're going to have a very tough time getting an early check-in...as Emily suggested, I would check-in the day before as well.
if i was going 2 hours out of my way just to see one guy, he's definitely getting the room. i guess it depends on the girl. if she's as low volume as i am she won't be interested in 'setting up camp' and trying to book other appts. if i was on tour it would be different.
Priceline is your best friend. I bid on a room, put in the desired area and whatever star listing I prefer. I normally pay around $60 for a 4 star hotel in the Galleria area.