Porsche 918 or M.B. McLaren SLR

Well as some here know I have been hobbying in Europe for some time, I have been Very Fortunate to see many hundreds top ladies here in Spain, Ukraine, Italy and a few other European countries. More than my fair share according to some but I have to say wow for the most part they are fantastic, you ought to get yourself to Europe and see that I am correct. O and BTW there is NO Hassle in seeing girls in Europe as prostitution (SUCH AN UGLY WORD) is either legal or ignored throughout Europe, just bring money.

Now sad to say, age has begun to limit my sexual activities. I am also fortunate in that through taking a 14 year period of very laborious calculations and enormous debit and risk that I am now extremely well to do. I have said many times I intend to spend my money on family, women and cars in that order.

SO NOW CARS ARE SECOND
I have an 800HP Cobra Replica that I built myself & have owner for 20+ years and a Resvani Beast that I recently ordered from Cali with a 5 liter Ford Racing engine, it's 1000+ HP and actually a beast to drive, in retrospect way too much to be enjoyable or safe (whatever that is). I intend to put it up for sale @ 525,000. Euros -I already have an interested buyer in Saudi. It is not street legal in the US- BTW.

I recently purchased 2 Super cars from a Saudi dealer who has over 50 super cars and was happy to sell a couple of them, though he was fairly proud of them and wanted to report on how I feel about them.

The Porsche 918 is a Dream I've had for some time, I cannot express how superlative this machine is. I am tickled to death to own it, I have to pinch myself to see that it is actually mine. I am a M.E. so I am not easily impressed but WOW! I am actually afraid to drive it on the road because of clearance (it's way too low for street driving) It is a marvelous piece of engineering excellence as you might expect from Porsche. I Love it but it is IMO impracticable for driving on the street. I have driven it here in Spain on an enormous oval track, that is a 7 mile circuit and averaged 192 MPH. Now that is a rush! On the track, it is Amazing and even though I do not race in competition, I do intend to take it to Nuremberg for some driving -Not to see if I could set any record, just to have the experience of letting the Damn thing go full bore around curves and on straits---and live to tell the tale.

The Mercedes McLaren SLR is altogether another thing and what a great all around car. BTW I bought both used, the Porsche is a 2015 and the MB is a 2005. Both cars have less than 5000 miles and have maintained with complete records. The MB is 1/2 the cost of the Porsche. The SLR has A/C, cruse, automatic transmission, leather interior it is a beautiful car and room to put my golf clubs in the trunk. It is a 200 mph car that is rock solid at that speed, in fact at 120+MPH (my normal speed) it is like driving on rails. I mean it'll go around a corner like it is glued to the ground at 120. Most people who buy these kind of cars do not put any miles on them to speak of. I intend to use the SLR as a daily driver about 10 days a month, there is a MB dealership in Barcelona who will keep it maintained for me monthly. I intend to use it as long as I have left on this world.

So there we go - the many beauties in Europe will not have me to contend with , well maybe a couple times a month. If you are on the road between Andorra and Barcelona watch out for me cause I will be hauling ass-as usual.

O 1 more thing, I hope this DOES upset our self appointed critic on everything in Houston. LMAO
I claim shotgun. Sent a pm
Both cars are a beaut.

I thought you were asking for advice. But perhaps I missed the question. I have no plans (currently) to cross the pond before the new year, so riding shotgun isn't an option for me. I admire that you have a saudi connection, international customs is always a pain in the arse no matter the item or country. Best of luck with your trades and joy rides.

cheers...
If I had wads and wads of cash to just throw at a vehicle...

I'd have my V12 Vanquish.
I see a couple of typos or outright errors but that's not unusual for me. I have had the local Paving company out to work on my curvy (Kinda like Grace P. LOL) driveway and eliminate a couple spots where the 918 was dragging so now I can get it off of my propriety now. I find more and more things about it and I just love it. I can drive into town and back in electric mode which is almost silent, just some tire noise and up to 90 mph for 18 miles. Thing is I am afraid someone will step off the curb in front of me and dent my car!!

The acceleration is Unbelievable --more than 800 ft pounds of torque at 0 rpms from the electric motors, 0 to 60 in a blink, 60 to 160 in 2 more blinks. Just no place in Andorra to go that fast because all the rest of the traffic is going less than 60KPH which is less than 38 mph. I drive it in sport mode which is fairly noisy so they will hear me coming/leaving. LMAO gotta Love it. BTW I discovered it has the lowest mpg rating of any super car at 73 miles per gallon average. Premium gas in Europe is expensive: 1.85 Euros per liter= just less than $8. per gallon so I guess it's a good thing. I seriously doubt that I'll get any better than 30 MPG but that is amazing. I drove it to Barcelona and left it at the Porsche dealership while i travel out of Spain for regular maintenance. My ulterior motive it that they have THE BEST Security for cars in Barcelona, and since I am self insured, (I do carry a BIG liability policy) -I'd hate to loose it. They told me it will be "resting" on the showroom floor till my return, it does look like it's new and the liquid silver paint is just fabulous.

I have tried to drifted it up the hill to my driveway twice now and it is no fun!! it just hugs the road and will not break loose at anything under 50 mph. My neighbor Jose came over and was wondering what kind of race car I had now. He was surprised to find it is "only" a street car.

O and Grace, if you come to Spain I'd be happy to give you a ride in it that would blow the doors off an A.M. Vanquish.
One more thing, I have designed, built and Installed my our security system and tracker. Anything can be stolen but whenever it moves I get a report as to where it is, kinda scared me the last time I drove it because I failed to turn off the alarm with it's 300db siren. LOL I am partially deaf anyway so it only hurt a little.
Oh I'm sure it would absolutely blow the doors off my dream vehicle. But that has nothing to do with my desire for that particular car
Well It is a very sexy car-No Doubt about that, could James Bond have anything to do with your decision? What color would this dream car be?
Actually no. I always forget that it was the "James Bond" car for a while. My favorite Bond car was the Lotus.. besides, rumor has it that Bond is flipping to the DB10. Color wise, I'd probably go with Mariana Blue or Sea Storm.
Headed back to Barcelona later today, going to pick up the Porsche with the new Air Conditioner installed. It is the "light weight" model that did not come with A/C but being a creature of comfort, I had one installed while I was in New Zealand. Of course being an exotic the A/C will set me back 10K euros.

Hope I have enough strength left after my 2 trysts in Kiev with 2 very beautiful and horny girls. LMAO
Well the dealership was not able to get my A/C installed in the time that they had the car. The owner of the dealership that having the car on his showroom floor has created a Lot of interest and he has "given" me a Carrera GT to drive for a couple of days till the 918 is completed so I am having some fun with a different but very fast car---far outside of Barcelona of course. He is also giving me a 3000 euro discount on the A/C and has offered to give me a deal and a free rental to allow him to have it on his showroom floor for a coupe days whenever I bring it in for my monthly maintenance. I think he'd like to buy it but I told him I intend to keep it.
Yesterday while my 918 was in for service, I was given a Jaguar XJL Supercharged sedan for a loaner, per my agreement with the dealership.
I was amazed at how driver friendly this 430+ HP big sedan is to drive. I was looking at a BMW 7 series which is more technically outfitted than the Jag but wow the Jag drives much better. I don't know exactly what it is but it is one of the best handling big cars I have ever driven.

I called the owner of the dealership and he told me that the 2013 model, which has 3200 miles on it is for sale for 42,000 E. I think i have found a replacement for my MB sedan which is bigger but drives like a tank. I called him back and offered him 35 he countered with 38 and I bought it for 36.5. This was a 100,000 E car when new.

Don't plan to sell the MB though, I use it to drive when I get into France where the fender benders are rampant. On my Last trip through one corner of southern France,( about 200 miles) I witnessed 12 wrecks or the aftermath. Had a similar experience last year. So I will keep the Tank for self defense. LOL

I picked up Victoria and we went to lunch before retiring to my apartment for another ball draining "event" Whew! Life is hard but you gotta love it.
I had some track time in a few 918's at Barbers and they are a joy to drive. Not as temperamental as the Pagani Huayra I also tracked on the same course though. More refined yet sinfully fast at the same time.
Right you are bladtinzu, the Pagani Huayra has an advantage in HP and weight since it uses a single stage clutch and therefore a lighter trans I am way too old to try to test the 918's max performance. I do intend to take it to a European track and give it a go at high speed driving though. I just haven't made up my mind where yet. My main concern is I don't want to be one who wrecks this work of art.
I'm heading to Germany in December. Let's go for a ride