Will and probate attorney?

How does it work when a loved one passes away, but you are estranged?
The process of cremation, record gathering, unknown will, land inheritance etc. Could someone please pm me some resources or walk me through some basics? It's very overwhelming.
What State?
You really need to get an atty in the county that the deceased person resided in.

There's simply to many issues that a non-atty will not understand. Yes, overwhelming.

And some issues may need to go to probate court regardless.

So... back to get a local atty that deals with this stuff.
OP: I'm with Unique_Carpenter. Wills and probate are controlled by 50 unique laws specific to the state. There is no "national wills and probate law."
You should confer with an attorney who practices in the state where the decedent lived. If you tell us the city and state where the decedent lived, one of us might direct you to a qualified attorney. If you don't want to post this information publicly, you're welcome to PM me.
PM sent.
I appreciate you all taking the time to respond. The matter is being taken care of. Was posting this to be of service to a friend going through this. I too, need an attorney to deal with something pretty similar yet less complicated. I will reach out soon. Thanks again.
I am in need of something similar, including litigation, if necessary. This is for Tarrant County, TX.