Falling Apart / Torn Rotator Cuff

Anyone out there had who had Rotator Cuff surgery. The years of playing sports and working out has taking its toll on the Aussie.

Anything I need to know for the recovery.
Morphine while listening to Jimmy Barnes, working class man, man.
God Speed.
Use ice for soreness frequently and do your physical therapy as many times per day as you can without straining yourself. I had 2 tears in one shoulder about 10 years ago and got 100% movement back in my arm.

And do not lift anything heavier than your doctor tells you, you can tear it again if you do.

One other thing I just remembered...I slept in a recliner with my sling on and used the arm of the chair to prop up my arm. I couldn't lay down without it hurting.

Best of luck to you.
Use ice for soreness frequently and do your physical therapy as many times per day as you can without straining yourself. I had 2 tears in one shoulder about 10 years ago and got 100% movement back in my arm.

And do not lift anything heavier than your doctor tells you, you can tear it again if you do.

One other thing I just remembered...I slept in a recliner with my sling on and used the arm of the chair to prop up my arm. I couldn't lay down without it hurting.

Best of luck to you. Originally Posted by Road Lizard
Everything said here is true! I had mine in 2002, slept in my recliner as well! Best advice, do your physical therapy exactly the way you are instructed. It will be painful but the end result is worth it!
After surgery you are looking at 6-12 months of rehab.
Ice is indispensable during the healing process. I got an "old school" ice bag.
Physical therapy will be painful, but follow the exercises they recommend. Mobility and flexibility will take about four~six months to get back.
If you get a cheap sling from the hospital, spend the extra money and get a decent one from Amazon. There will be days when you feel okay and not use the sling...USE THE SLING or your body will let you know you did something you should not have been doing.
Good luck.
that a bad injury hope that does not include someone vehical

what happen did the extinct buffalo bill or the redskin ate all the food in europe then migrate to U.S. ate all the food East Coast and now heading down south to gulf of mexico ... never used their education farm breed and release to let the fisherman fish hmmm?
Anyone out there had who had Rotator Cuff surgery. The years of playing sports and working out has taking its toll on the Aussie.

Anything I need to know for the recovery. Originally Posted by australian_hell_yun
I would avoid u.s. football espicially against the REDSKIN, your mouse might get shave