Fake References

Funny this topic was posted. This evening I received a similar email from a provider who stated she was visiting from out of town and was given my name and site as a reference for a certain date that I supposedly visited with this gentlemen, he even attached photos of himself. I replied to her that it could not have been possible as I was writing my exams the date and time he gave her. After I replied to her email I Googled her provider name and email but no info on her populated under any directories etc... Very strange
I am still a newbie, observing and learning as I go along Originally Posted by yazminaariel
I strongly suspect we spoke to the same lady... I wonder what that's all about...
Lauren I got the same email and so did two of the girls I work with. I was half wondering if it was a wife or girlfriend trying to find out if her guy has been with a hooker. Originally Posted by Molly Robinson
So basically, she hit every woman in Toronto?

Mad.
Perhaps a good reason to verify that a reference request is legitimate before responding
Perhaps a good reason to verify that a reference request is legitimate before responding Originally Posted by terbul
Lesson learned.
Dear Ms. X and Ms. Summerhill,

I am pleased to introduce you to each other! Ms. X is (blah blah -- I give a summary of Ms. X's virtues that the other lady might find interesting). What I find interesting about Ms. Summerhill is (blah, blah -- her skills, interests, etc. that I find interesting.)

Please feel free to email each other all about me subject to restrictions on material that ought to be confidential. Please leave me out of intra-provider communication as I have no interest in seeing how sausage is made.

Very truly,

Laurentius.

So far, every time I have done this, incidentally, the women have become friends -- sometimes very close friends.
Originally Posted by Laurentius
I love that idea, I would very truly like to be introduced to Ms. Summerhill

And I do think that's the best way to handle references. I often have to send a quick note to a man I've met if a lady with no web presence contacts me looking for a reference - I need to make sure that this lady is in touch under his blessing, and not a PI gathering info for a divorce case. The approach that Laurentius proposes saves a lot of the back-and-forth and soothes the suspicions of all involved!

~Mme X~
Fake references, fake reviews. PI's, SO's trying to get info. I never thought of that stuff. I don't know any provider well enough to need to lie.
I haven't had a guy using me as a fake reference but I have heard of well known providers - in LA - faking references for cops.

Leah Ireland
Yes I had a guy just last week give me references for 2 girls that did not check out. I have had 4 of them in the last month who provided false reference material but would not give a phone number or anything.

A lady sent me a note asking for a reference. I didn't recognize the guys name, nor the picture of himself that he had sent.

Then the kicker: He claimed to see me in Toronto on XYZ date. At the time I had been out of town the entire week, with a long time regular.

Do guys think we won't remember who we have and haven't seen? They figure just pick a random girl, and she may send the prospect date an "okay" based on the hope she's so high volume she has no idea if they've met?

Curious if anyone else has heard of references being asked for people they've never met. Originally Posted by Guest053011
What is the place they search your number on?