Scheduling

Many out of town providers post ads saying they are coming to Shreveport. For whatever reason, many of them don't show or don't show on the original dates posted in their ads.

There are many acceptable/understandable reasona for this, and I suspect the #1 reason is a.lack of prebooked appointments.

Now, for my point:

If a provider changes her schedule, I think is only courteous to follow up her ad with a re isiom, or cancellation of the original dates.

Am I wrong?
  • Linus
  • 01-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Would be wonderful if they would!
This is not an unreasonable request. There are many ladies that do and many that do not. Your frustration is understandable
Is this thread addressing ladies with whom you have a booked appointment that don't "show", or is this thread addressing all ladies who posted a trip to the Shreveport area and "no show"?

If you have a confirmed appointment, and the lady no shows and doesn't communicate with the hobbiest, that is inconsiderate and rude. The only exception to the adjectives of inconsiderate and rude would be an emergency, which includes transportation problems to Shreveport. Even with an emergency, the lady should notify the hobbiest as soon as reasonably possible about her situation and apologize for not notifying the hobbiest timely.

If you do not have a confirmed appointment, yes a lady is most considerate when she posts a trip cancellation notice. Although cancellation notices are fairly infrequent, I personally am not bothered when the lady does not post a cancellation message. After all, I could have contacted her timely and booked an appointment, which helps guarantee a visit.

Now, what is especially troubling, is ladies who post at the last minute saying they will be in Shreveport that afternoon, or early the next morning. Often these ladies do not actually make the trip, nor do they answer their phones (or pm's, e-mails, text messages). The hobbiest is left trying to contact someone who isn't in the area, believing that the lady is in the area, and persistence will ultimately result in an opportunity to see the lady in question. This is a hobbiest waste of time and energy. When this behavior manifests from a lady, I generally mark these ladies in my personal "will not see" list.

You asked what seems to be a simple question, yet I have outlined several scenarios related to your question. Without a doubt, yes, a considerate posting of a trip cancellation will be appreciated. Ladies want to be treated respectfully, and so do hobbiests. Failure to post cancellations, except in emergency situations, generally represent a lack of respect to the hobbiest, or at least a lack of respect for his time. (Time is a key word here. Ladies sell their time, and should respect a hobbiest's time.) Now, ladies may not have thought about this being disrespectful, and perhaps with this post, will obtain a new outlook on the frustrations hobbiests esperience when treated in this manner, and modify their actions accordingly. However, MrSmith8691 and other hobbiests, I recommend you don't hold your breath until ladies change their methods of conducting business.

Thanks for starting this thread. My final analysis is this, unless an emergency is involved and a trip cancellation notice cannot timely be posted, hobbiests will be most appreciative of ladies who timely post trip cancellation notices. I respectfully request all ladies that post a Shreveport trip notice, to post a timely cancellation notice if the trip is cancelled.

One final thought, if you schedule with a visiting lady (or any lady), and do not timely cancel your appointment, ladies find this disrespectful as well. If I schedule an appointment, and cannot timely cancel, I have made it a practice to mail the appointment fee to the lady, unless I am able to hand deliver it later. Some have protested that my actions were unnecessary, but none have refused the money. However, on the next appointment, I find that I am well compensated for my previous courtesty. This final paragraph is a little off the thread subject, but probably is necessary to mention, as I have spoken of respect for an individual and that individual's time.
First, sorry about grammar and misspellings in my initial post. I submitted that last night from my phone, and obviously my typing sux from the phone.

My post was addressing a little bit of all of the scenarios you described. My intent wasn't to address being NCNS'd by a provider, but I will include that too. In the last two months or so, the following has happened to me:

Scenario #1
I had an appointment with a provider, scheduled in advance, and we were communicating right up until the time I arrived at the incall location. Then complete radio silence. I posted about it in the lounge, and there were also a review posted about it. This was an extreme and very unusual situation, and that provider has since retired.

Scenario # 2
More in line with my intent for the post was a provider whom I scheduled with, and she advertised she would be in Shreveport for several days. In this case, I scheduled far in advance. My appointment was for 5 PM, and around noon I texted her to confirm we were still on. She answered quickly and informed me that something had come up and she had to leave Shreveport the day before. I just wonder WHEN she was planning on telling me she had already left town.

Scenario # 3
The other situtation involved a provider that posted she would be in town on certain dates. I contacted her prior, but because of my schedule, I couldn't commit to firm date at that point. I contacted her on the day she was to arrive in Shreveport, and she replied had changed the dates for her visit. I didn't find any posts informing anyone she had changed her plans.

Now, I know its very important for us hobbyists to schedule in advance to keep the visiting providers coming to our area. In the first 2 scenarios, I did schedule in advance, in the last one I didn't. I will say that more often than not I don't schedule that far in advance.

Timely communication may not solve everything, but it would help. in Scenario #1, being NCNS'd at the last minute while I am on my way to the location is inexcusable. In Scenario # 2, in which I had an appointment booked in advance, direct contact by text or email (and to any other hobbyist who had an appointment) doesn't seem like too much to ask. In Scenario #3, I didn't have a confirmed appointment, so I don't expect direct contact, but posting a schedule change to the original provider ad would help everyone out.

Finally, what prompted me to post that thread was because in one of the above-situations, I had a choice between seeing Provider A and Provider B. I chose to see provider A, and by the time I figured out it wasn't happening, Provider B didn't have any available time.

I am not trying to bash anyone, as I sure the ladies get yanked around sometimes in the reverse of this process. Things happen, schedules change, I am a big boy and may cry with disappointment, but I will get over it. But if a provider can post a visit, it shouldn't be too hard to post an update, and she books a session, it shouldn't be too hard to communicate schedule changes to the hobbyist. All in a timely manner.

Just my 2 cents.
You and I probably wrote a lot more than most want to read. Yet I have to say AGREED on your statements. If I knew how, I would copy this to the national board. The comments here are on point, and reflect the feelings and frustrations of many hobbiests.
I was just about to post something like this, as I seem to be an habitual offender. No, I had no lack of prebooked appointments. But never having been there, if a lot of people cancel I could be stranded with my two dogs. I general travel two days to get to Louisiana driving, (with two large dogs), and Shreveport is two hours past that. With school, work, personal life, it can get very very overwhelming and sometimes that is what happens. I have tried several bookers to ease the stress and strain, but they do not always assist unfortunately. I am still looking for a good one. Your town is so far out its hard to manage.

So I hope that my own appologies are accepted, and if I can ever get back, and I would like to at least once before I retire, I will give at least a discount to make up partly for this.
If a city didn't work out for me. I email the guys(In advanced) that I make appts with to let them know this. I don't post a cancelation on any sites, especially this one. You can't change your advertising post.... I change my calendar also so the guys can look there as well....

A lot of cities don't work out for me. So posting a cancelation would be rather tedious....

My .02