The Knick & Outlander.

The Knick is Cinemax & Outlander is Starz. Anyway...both brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Any of you chaps see em on telly in this last few days? I need a good show till Dr. Who & Banshee start again. Whilst I'm at it the new Helen Mirren foodie film about an Indian chef in a quaint French village was marvellous. Right, it's called 100 foot journey. Or, some shite like that. Laters...DBD
Netflix

Luther
Sherlock
Torchwood
Orange is the new black
Breaking bad
Battlestar galactica
It's always sunny in philadelphia
Dexter
Chuck
House of cards
Eureka
White Collar
Scrubs
Heroes

The Boondocks
The regular show

This list should keep you busy for a while.
We have similar tastes. Seen all those. Almost caught up on Orange.
Hmm...would you ever watch korean dramas or anime?
If you like period pieces, I recommend Boardwalk Empire (HBO). The final season starts in September but there are 4 others out there to keep you busy. (If you have Amazon Prime, they have streaming available for HBO original programming.) This show is a slow burn; the "I gotta check my phone's screen every 3 minutes, omg omg omg" people can't sit still and enjoy it. The acting is amazing and so is most of the writing; great sets, costumes and cinematography.

Similarly, you might check out the recent Penny Dreadful (Showtime?); Eva Green gives an amazing performance (while being her incredibly sexy self). It's set in "London, Eng-uh-land" during the Victorian era and many of the primary characters are from literary classics.

For something more modern, I just finished season 1 (of 2) of Orphan Black and highly recommend it.