Junk Couch

Where can I dispose of a junk couch here in Austin? I mean this thing is so worn out, I would hate to take it to goodwill.
Set it on the curb with a FREE TAKE ME sign and it will disappear in 30 minutes.
check with the city of austin solid waste dept for when the next "bulk pickup" is in your area.
it's free for you
Set it on the curb with a FREE TAKE ME sign and it will disappear in 30 minutes. Originally Posted by runswithscissors

Put it on the curb with a for sale sign on it and someone will probably steal it in less time.
of course this is all assuming you live in the same "low class" neighborhood as most of us. there's a lot of neighborhoods that will send you a fine if you leave something on the curb.
I live downtown.
aha, I can see that leaving it on the curb isn't an option. the panhandlers/hobos will just have a soft place to sit.
  • 07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Donate it to Riverside dog park at I-35 and Riverside.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Don't you all have bulk collection up there?
if the goats have been on that couch, you better burn it.
Don't you all have bulk collection up there? Originally Posted by Mokoa
Twice a year if you are on the People's Democratic Republic of Austin's trash collection system. You get cards in the mail telling you when your bulk trash day for your neighborhood is approaching. If he's in an apartment, condo, or clownhouse, he's probably on a commercial trash collection system and doesn't even have that option. However, you might ask. Maybe they have some arrangement.

I think you can carry it yourself to the local "dump," but you get ripped off by the city to do so.

I don't think the dog park would be permitted. Yes, you may be able to leave lawn furniture there, but an indoor couch would probably be considered as illegal dumping.
Set it on the curb with a FREE TAKE ME sign and it will disappear in 30 minutes. Originally Posted by runswithscissors
Better yet, set it out at the curb and put a "For Sale $25" sign on it . . . it will disappear in 10 minutes.
check with CARITAS downtown, 512-479-4610. They may be able to refurbish it or use it as is in their warehouse. They are on Neches Street; they may be close to you if you live downtown.
The City of Austin Landfill has been closed. However, there are several locations in the Austin area where the public may drop off appliances, construction waste and other large items. Please contact the landfills to find out their hours, rates and what items are accepted.
junkbusters-usa.com