Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah...

...doing more than playing the old banjo?

According to the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, to get your special person all a twitter, ditch the designer scents, and bring on the baked goodies!

From the article:

"Subjects were exposed to food aromas and their level of arousal was determined by measuring blood flow to participants’ genitalia. Surprisingly, the aroma most arousing to men was found to be pumpkin pie, particularly when combined with lavender.

Other aphrodisiac scents for men included:
•Doughnuts (especially when combined with pumpkin pie or lavender)
•Oranges
•Black licorice
•Lily of the Valley
•Buttered popcorn
•Cheese pizza (LoL really?)
•Vanilla
•Strawberries
•Cinnamon buns

Aromas that acted as aphrodisiacs for women included:
•Baby powder
•Pumpkin pie and lavender
•Licorice
•A combination of candy and cucumber
•Chocolate
•Banana nut bread

Oddly enough, female arousal was actually decreased by the scent of men’s colognes, barbecued meat, and cherries."

Interesting.... August is the month with usually the highest # of births in the USA. 9 months prior holidays had rolled around....
I'm sure in other countries the results would be very different.
But I think it shows another way we are imprinted as kids to what we find sexy now.

Do you feel the research meshes with your own preferences?
I love love love licorice, can't exactly my panties get soaked whenever I eat it, but it still a fun fact to know.
Are y'all speaking of the black licorice candy? It has been years since I have smelled licorice. Sounds like I need to go give it a whiff.

I'm not big on reproducing scents that come from the kitchen. I prefer more earthy scents. My favorite candle is called Fresh Tomato, by Votivo. It's very hard to find because, to be honest it doesn't sound very appealing. Thank goodness the little shop down the street will order them for me.
Realtors® and home sellers have been doing this for decades.

According to the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, to get your special person all a twitter, ditch the designer scents, and bring on the baked goodies!

From the article:

"Subjects were exposed to food aromas and their level of arousal was determined by measuring blood flow to participants’ genitalia. Surprisingly, the aroma most arousing to men was found to be pumpkin pie, particularly when combined with lavender.

Other aphrodisiac scents for men included:
•Doughnuts (especially when combined with pumpkin pie or lavender)
•Oranges
•Black licorice
•Lily of the Valley
•Buttered popcorn
•Cheese pizza (LoL really?)
•Vanilla
•Strawberries
•Cinnamon buns

Aromas that acted as aphrodisiacs for women included:
•Baby powder
•Pumpkin pie and lavender
•Licorice
•A combination of candy and cucumber
•Chocolate
•Banana nut bread

Oddly enough, female arousal was actually decreased by the scent of men’s colognes, barbecued meat, and cherries." Originally Posted by taylerlake
I love the scent of lavendar and jasmine
Strawberry scent can make me take leave of my senses. Don't mix it with vanilla unless you are prepared for the results, lol.

As for donuts and all that -- nope.

Fruit scents in general, though, are a turn on for me. Dunno why.
Do they have a plug in for fresh tuna?