What can I do????

So I've been working as a cocktail waitress at this strip club for 2 years on and off. Well I started back in February and things were going great until last week when a friend I used to live with put me out which forced me to move to Dallas (the club is in Euless). I don't have a car so I had to change my schedule leaving me off on Sundays and Mondays, well the owner of the club opposed to my request. I explained to him that I don't have a car and the train don't run from dallas to euless on Sundays..... He told me that if I can't stick to the schedule then I don't need to come back.

I would like to know is there something that I can do about getting my job back... I really need that job because I don't get much business from eccie and that seems to be my only other option for "regular" income.
Texas is a right to work state, but it was pretty shitty of the S/C owner to not even try to work with you about your schedule, maybe it is better that you saw him for what he was and it was a blessing that he let you go. Try getting a waitress job in a Dallas S/C, they are always hiring girls!
Texas is a right to work state, but it was pretty shitty of the S/C owner to not even try to work with you about your schedule, maybe it is better that you saw him for what he was and it was a blessing that he let you go. Try getting a waitress job in a Dallas S/C, they are always hiring girls! Originally Posted by bigdog0311
Actually, it's a "RIGHT TO FIRE" state, but that's a topic for another thread. Unfortunately, one has to play by the rules of the game. Find something closer to where you live. It's all about control. The first thing you have to do is to be able to control your living situation.
  • Oppa
  • 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
My suggestion is to look for a club along the 35-HH corridor where you can take DART Green Line to work, at least until you can get on your feet. There are plenty of clubs along that way.

You can find a DART map online and cross reference the addresses of several clubs.

For instance, a quick search shows that Cabaret Royale and Spearmint Rhino are both less than 2 miles from the Walnut Hill Green Line station.
Thanks all.. Great suggestions!
... it was pretty shitty of the S/C owner to not even try to work with you about your schedule, maybe it is better that you saw him for what he was and it was a blessing that he let you go. Try getting a waitress job in a Dallas S/C, they are always hiring girls! Originally Posted by bigdog0311
+1

Randy4Candy and Oppa have good ideas, but...

For instance, a quick search shows that Cabaret Royale and Spearmint Rhino are both less than 2 miles from the Walnut Hill Green Line station. Originally Posted by Oppa
It takes about 15 minutes to walk a mile. Right now, the weather is still cool but in the summer time, when its 110 degrees out, having to walk a mile or two is not pleasant.

Not sure if you can catch a bus from the DART station to Cabaret Royale or Spearmint Rhino.

Just something to think about.

Any places near you that you can work? Like maybe a Walmart, grocery store, restaurant chain, etc.

Lastly...

I really need that job because I don't get much business from eccie... Originally Posted by Genevieve Fire
I find that hard (pun intended, LOL! ) to believe because I think you are really pretty/sexy.

+1

Randy4Candy and Oppa have good ideas, but...

It takes about 15 minutes to walk a mile. Right now, the weather is still cool but in the summer time, when its 110 degrees out, having to walk a mile or two is not pleasant.

Not sure if you can catch a bus from the DART station to Cabaret Royale or Spearmint Rhino.

Just something to think about.

Any places near you that you can work? Like maybe a Walmart, grocery store, restaurant chain, etc.

Lastly...

I find that hard (pun intended, LOL! ) to believe because I think you are really pretty/sexy.

Originally Posted by netman
Thank you very much... You are so right about the walking in the summer and more importantly most strip clubs don't close till after 2am and I don't see my self hopping in the car with random guys. It sucks that I can't file for unemployment.

I just wish I could do something about the owner of the club letting people go for dumb ass reasons. That should be illegal!!!!!!
  • Oppa
  • 03-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Well, if he fired you and you were getting paid by payroll and not under the table in cash, there is no reason you can't file for unemployment. The TWC will give him the opportunity to contest it and he will have to show cause for firing you, but you really don't have anything to lose by filing.

Good points about DART. Neither buses nor trains will be running at 2 am.
great advice here in this thread. I hope things work out for you!
Genevieve - You may want to step up your marketing efforts on Eccie. I am not sure how Eccie charges for ads / posts but you only have one review so getting more exposure and reviews should be a priority.

PM me and let me know what part of Dallas you are in. I find it hard to get to North Dallas or other parts as I am on the far east edge of the metroplex. I would love to schedule a session if we are close.

Finally, I love you name. Had a great aunt named Genevieve.
So I've been working as a cocktail waitress at this strip club for 2 years on and off. Well I started back in February and things were going great until last week when a friend I used to live with put me out which forced me to move to Dallas (the club is in Euless). I don't have a car so I had to change my schedule leaving me off on Sundays and Mondays, well the owner of the club opposed to my request. I explained to him that I don't have a car and the train don't run from dallas to euless on Sundays..... He told me that if I can't stick to the schedule then I don't need to come back.

I would like to know is there something that I can do about getting my job back... I really need that job because I don't get much business from eccie and that seems to be my only other option for "regular" income.
Originally Posted by Genevieve Fire
Have you thought about getting a car through Budget rental for awhile? It's expensive, I know because I've been doing it for a bit while saving for my own car.

But I checked all of the other places and if you rent by the week, you can get a car for $200. Yes, it's a lot but if you do well at that club, then it might be worth it.

You'll have to have $200 down plus the rent for the week. Also, check out the different offices. It's cheaper (taxes) in Garland than Dallas. At the airport, it's super expensive (over $100 per week because of taxes).

This isn't the best solution but if you really like that place, then you need a car. Period. And your credit doesn't have to be great to rent a car.

Good luck. What you're going through sounds like a real drag.

Elisabeth

P.S. Netman is right. You're very pretty. Hope that you know that!
Well, if he fired you and you were getting paid by payroll and not under the table in cash, there is no reason you can't file for unemployment. The TWC will give him the opportunity to contest it and he will have to show cause for firing you, but you really don't have anything to lose by filing.

Good points about DART. Neither buses nor trains will be running at 2 am. Originally Posted by Oppa
Thanks for the info about unemployment... I was wondering if I could file for that since it is a strip club.
great advice here in this thread. I hope things work out for you! Originally Posted by sensualsanaa
Thank for the words!!!!
Thanks for the info I have been looking for a place to rent a car for a while I don't mind by the price.... And to be quite honest I dont want to work for that SONOFABITCH any more, I don't want to be subjected to termination when he feel as if he wants to. I'd rather work in a better working environment with understanding managers/owners.