What to do in Davenport/Quad Cities...

Hey Guys!!

I will be in Davenport/Quad Cities area for the first time visiting. I love to eat, where are the tastiest restaurants? What is there to do as far as museums, hiking and entertainment? I'm not a late night person so the day/evening entertainment would be what I'm looking for.

I'm very unfamiliar with the area, any info an places that aren't safe to go to would be great as well.

I'm looking forward to exploring!!

Thanks in advance!!

Becca Blossoms
Front Street Brewery on River Dr and
Thunder Bay Grille Davenport

have fun!
Hey Becca,

these all are subjective and my opinions only. Also they are locally owned, no chains. Spread out through the Quad Cities.

Both of Dee's choices are very good.

Breakfast: Jimmy's Pancake House, Duck Creek Pancake House, Ross's

Mexican: Azteca, Habaneros, Los Agaves. multiple locations each. La Flama (my personal fav)

Asian: Exotic Thai, Lemongrass, Le Mekong, Pasteur's

Italian/Pizza: Tratitoria Tiramisu, Harris Pizza, Woodfire Grille

Steaks: Johnny's Italian Steak House, Woodfire Grille, Bass Street Chophouse

Upscale: Steventon's, Duck City

Bar food: Riverside Grille, Barrelhouse, Jersey Grill

Dive Bar: O'Keffee's 26 beers on tap none of them a major (miller, bud, coors) domestic.

Ice Cream: Whitey's

These are sample, there are others, pm me if you have questions.
Jimmy's Pancake House,

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM they do rock!
Putnam Museum, Figge Art Museum, River Music Experience (RME), John Deere Commons, Bettendorf Family Museum, Rock Island Arsenal/ National Cemetery (this is a military facility and requires ID to enter), Mississippi Overlook in LeClaire, Antique Archaeology (from american pickers tv show)

again a small list
I have only been here a year but if you like BQ Jim's rib haven in rock island is unbeleaveable I am talking great.
I have only been here a year but if you like BQ Jim's rib haven in rock island is unbeleaveable I am talking great. Originally Posted by topcat123124
Yes Jim's is very good. They also have a location in East Moline.
I love the machien shed, kinda reminds me of a crackle barrel but had its own little tweak to it. Great food also
I love the machien shed, kinda reminds me of a crackle barrel but had its own little tweak to it. Great food also Originally Posted by shayla84
Shayla is correct Machine Shed is great. They are owned by Heart of America based in Moline, Il, who also owns Johnny's Italian Steakhouse and Thunder Bay Grill.