The Wrong Time to Browse

I've only been into the hobby for a little over a month now and it has been fantastic! That being said, I've also learned that there is a right time and a wrong time to browse provider ads.

Just like the saying "never go shopping when you're hungry", it is a bad idea to look for company when you're exceedingly horny! Unless its a trusted provider of course

The little head takes over and good reasoning flies out the window looking at unverified posts and BP ladies and becoming less concerned about their validity. Proper research when you dont need company helps make sure you have a trustworthy provider when you DO need the company.

I'm very greatful for all of you other hobbyists who write reviews and help alleviate doubts about potentially bad encounters with the unsavory sort.

As for you wonderful ladies, seeing the showcases and getting to interact with you on the boards here is a fanastic opportunity to get to know you better than just some random ad.
You make a good point. My very few hobby disappointments all had one thing in common - I got in a hurry. But I'm generally a planner in the hobby and spend a lot of time looking even when I know I don't have a hobby opportunity. One thing to be cautious of as you get further into this is complacency. Keep up the same level of caution it appears you started with. Of course, seeing highly regarded and reviewed ladies from this board is always the best bet in that regard.
+1 to both of you, always do your research.

Happy hobbying!
Sometimes it's best to try to think with the big head for at least a few minutes a day...
My trouble is that I am too logical and always thinking with the big head. I sometimes ask a few too many questions that concern my preferences, and the provider lacks the communication skills to answer all of them, thus I move on or wait for another opportunity to receive another answer. I get tripped up asking if the provider is a smoker, sometimes they understand, but sometimes they do not, and this leads to other fears creeping into the conversation. I must find out about scents used, or amount of makeup, or piercings...some showcases do not contain all the answers that my nit picky little mind needs to know. I try very hard not to offend or turn away, but if happens.
Thinking with the other head has gotten me some fugly girls in the past. At the time they look good but soon after i bust one im sitting there wondering how I came to the decision to call this provider. Over the years ive learned to stop and really think about which provider to see, but i still slip up every once in a while and ive been hobbying at least 10 years now.
I plan most things in life meticulously. There's PLENTY of mystery in this game - so much so that I don't want to have to think about the details on the day of. Those will be ironed out. I don't want to be seen as a time waster but I need questions answered up front and probably way in advance so I can carve out time to meet and make sure it's worth my limited time I can slip away and the corresponding hit to the Fun Fund.

I may or may not have a plan (at least the framework of one) of how my hobby schedule will go over the next 6-8 months. May seem crazy but I want to make sure the big head is in control and the lil one doesn't spend me under the table and make me miss the providers I want to see!