So much for the abortion issue being an in the midterms...

TOP ISSUES FOR AMERICAN VOTERS IN 2022 U.S. MID-TERM ELECTIONS: #1 ECONOMY AND #2 CORONAVIRUS

Not even in the top 10!!
As they say...it's the ecomony stupid!!
By the mid-terms it is likely that >50% of states will not allow abortion in their state. The weird part is that most protests will occur in the remaining 24 states that will still allow it. Go figure.
Yea, I looked at this outrageous claim.

September 2021 Poll.

Nuff said.

September 2021 Poll... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So what? You saying the results were wrong from then?
I've seen a few polls since the decision where abortion moved up as would be expected in my opinion but like I said in another post, no poll that I have seen has abortion higher than 3 and it's the only poll I heard or saw that had it that high and even at 3rd place, it wasn't important to more than 30% of the country.

As for the importance of the mid-terms, let's say that the Democrats keep the House and Senate which I think is more than unlikely, how will that help the Democrats pass a federal law allowing abortion in all 50 states?

A Democrat House could pass such a bill but as I understand it, they would still need 10 Republican Sen.to pass such a law unless the Dem's could pass a bill to do away with the filibuster and when only then need 51 assuming they pick up another seat.

So while it is certainly possible, it is unlikely this scenario would take place. Then we have to consider what the SC would do faced with such a law after having just said that this issue belongs to the States to decide not the federal government.

Seems to me the only remedy for Dem's would be a new Amendment to the Constitution which would render the SC moot on the issue and they aren't even close to the 3/4 of the States they would need.

So what did I get wrong if anything?

September 2021 Poll.

Nuff said.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You have me on ignore...more of your bullshit!!
There are nuggets of sense In what you wrote HF.

Nuggets.
I've seen a few polls since the decision where abortion moved up as would be expected in my opinion but like I said in another post, no poll that I have seen has abortion higher than 3 and it's the only poll I heard or saw that had it that high and even at 3rd place, it wasn't important to more than 30% of the country.

As for the importance of the mid-terms, let's say that the Democrats keep the House and Senate which I think is more than unlikely, how will that help the Democrats pass a federal law allowing abortion in all 50 states?

A Democrat House could pass such a bill but as I understand it, they would still need 10 Republican Sen.to pass such a law unless the Dem's could pass a bill to do away with the filibuster and when only then need 51 assuming they pick up another seat.

So while it is certainly possible, it is unlikely this scenario would take place. Then we have to consider what the SC would do faced with such a law after having just said that this issue belongs to the States to decide not the federal government.

Seems to me the only remedy for Dem's would be a new Amendment to the Constitution which would render the SC moot on the issue and they aren't even close to the 3/4 of the States they would need.

So what did I get wrong if anything? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
you're on spot with this thinking.