Today Makes 13 years since....

Today marks year #13 sine Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Gulf Coast and hit NOLA....

We take time to remember those people who lost loved ones and those who lost homes and businesses.

On this day I want to offer #Peace and #Blessings to all those who were effected.

M.M.
I noticed my spelling was a little off in my earlier post LOL I'm usually pretty efficient about that. Hope everyone had a good day today.

M.M.
Odd how Katri na still sucks up publicity but a month late Rita hit the southwest corner of the state. Plenty of destruction and devastation done here but we sucked it up and overcame instead of asking for government help!
Yes we must also not forget Hurricane Rita....But the Gov't is supposed to help in times of disaster...

I am sorry you feel this way....

M.M.
.....more concise in the words of the last true Democrat, "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"..... Self Reliance, not the government trough is all I'm saying, Independence, not dependence.
Well...If I happen to need the Government to help me some in a time of Natural Disaster, I won't hesitate. After all I DO pay my taxes...But to each his/her own....

Be safe everyone....

M.M.
Independence, not dependence
How do you declare taxes on non declared income?
How do you declare taxes on non declared income? Originally Posted by flsts08b
Are you that narrow-minded to think that women who do not work a conventional nine-to-five job do not pay taxes?? You have a thing or two to learn.

M.M.
Now back on topic, This Thread was started about it being 13 years since Katrina. And tomorrow we're supposed to get bad weather so that's my focus for this evening. Don't know how I got derailed. Blessings

M.M.
I'm SOOOOOO sick of hurricanes. They cost a fortune everytime!
I trudged threw.. actually thank God in a weird way cause we were so freaking busy...
A very distinguished person actually gave us passes.. ya know to cross the bridges under Marshall law. I asked him why?
He simply said " annie..i have 10000 men in this womanless city.. as far as I'm concerned ..you are the relief. "

L. I understood imeadiatley. We made bank and they kept the testosterone down to a minimum..
Funny things happen in times of disasters... I have learned that over the years. I even consider Katrina an old friend. I lost everything.. but not my life..nor kids.. nor friends..
So if we wanna live in the ABSOLUTELY the best places in the world..
Ya gotta take your chances.
Life's not a bowl of cherries...
Xxoo annie
^^^Very well said even I understood that. It resonates ... I feel bad for the Carolinas but I'm glad that New Orleans was spared once again this time. My heartfelt prayers go out to those people who have now felt the pain that we have felt when Katrina hit. If anybody has loved ones there I'm praying, I hope they pull through. God bless and happy Saturday y'all good morning.

M.M.