America's Elites Say There's Too Much Freedom

America's Elites Say There's Too Much Freedom.

Sounds like Americas elites need a kick in the face. Downside... turns out I belong to that class. But I'm in the 40% that thinks we need more freedom not less.

Whats funny is the fools posting on a whore board that think we need more government. As if they ever solved any problems.
What do want to regulate now to freedom just meem you want regulation. What do want regulated.
  • Tiny
  • 01-20-2024, 07:10 AM
To be considered “elite” you had to live in an area with a population density of greater than 10,000 per square mile. Where are you going to find that? Manhattan? San Francisco?

And $150,000 for a household isn’t elite anymore.

I’m not sure this survey is targeting “elites” so much as big city Democrats with graduate degrees.

It is interesting to see how the graduates of Ivy League schools and comparable universities like Stanford and the University of Chicago move the needle towards “more government control” answers. They were about 50% of the “elite” group. I bet a disproportionate number have liberal arts degrees.

https://committeetounleashprosperity...tudy-FINAL.pdf
What’s even funnier is the fools on a whore board trying to judge other fools on a whore board. Sounds like you got the makings of a tight 10, as they say in the world of standup.

Pot, meet kettle. (Psst - it’s black!)
I don't know of anyone who thinks bigger government is an answer,but I think better utilization of programs and how money gets spent on bullshit would be a great start.

I think infrastructure is a good investment while I think paying foreign governments to supposedly give aid and food to their citizens is totally full of corruption.

We have to stop expecting that other countries follow our same principles and values. We're not their police, we're not their parents, and while it's sad that oppressive regimes of authoritarians exist, we can't babysit everybody. And lastly I would say all these regulations on the internet have made it a far less fun place to be.

I never would have thought that the days of old craigslist was so great, but it's proven that today it's a wasteland for the men of character on this board
What’s even funnier is the fools on a whore board trying to judge other fools on a whore board. Sounds like you got the makings of a tight 10, as they say in the world of standup.

Pot, meet kettle. (Psst - it’s black!) Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

And funnier still is that these people come on a whore board to discourse politics but can't do reviews of whores here.

Like they were kicked out of the political circles where they came from and this is the only place that allows them to post an opinion.
  • Tiny
  • 01-21-2024, 12:46 PM

Pot, meet kettle. (Psst - it’s black!) Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yssup, I don't judge you, unless of course you reside in one of the few neighborhoods in Austin with high rises or dense apartment blocks where the population density exceeds 10,000 per square mile.

And I certainly don't think you're a fool.
  • Tiny
  • 01-21-2024, 12:53 PM
I don't know of anyone who thinks bigger government is an answer,but I think better utilization of programs and how money gets spent on bullshit would be a great start.

I think infrastructure is a good investment while I think paying foreign governments to supposedly give aid and food to their citizens is totally full of corruption.

We have to stop expecting that other countries follow our same principles and values. We're not their police, we're not their parents, and while it's sad that oppressive regimes of authoritarians exist, we can't babysit everybody. And lastly I would say all these regulations on the internet have made it a far less fun place to be.
Originally Posted by eyecu2
I'm agreeing with you these days more often than not.

About the infrastructure, it makes a lot more sense if it's guided and funded by state and local governments. The federal government is much more likely to pay for boondoggles, like bridges to nowhere. Circling back to texassapper's link, it's an overbearing federal government that's the problem IMHO.
About the infrastructure, it makes a lot more sense if it's guided and funded by state and local governments. The federal government is much more likely to pay for boondoggles, like bridges to nowhere. Circling back to texassapper's link, it's an overbearing federal government that's the problem IMHO. Originally Posted by Tiny
You're sounding more and more like a Conservative every day. LOL

But suffering under democrats will do that to people.
  • Tiny
  • 01-22-2024, 11:44 AM
You're sounding more and more like a Conservative every day. LOL

But suffering under democrats will do that to people. Originally Posted by texassapper
I'm not a conservative. I'm an economic liberal, like you and Milton Friedman.