Health Insurance Premiums Will Be Going Up Because Of The New Tax Plan For The Rich!

The problem was that the bill as written and shown before the court did NOT fave it listed as a tax but a fee.

The other problem is that All tax bills must originate in the house, this fee/tax originated in the senate, not the house, that is unconstitutional.

{"The issue is simple: When the Senate adopted its own bill, installed it inside the shell of a separate and unrelated House bill, called it the Affordable Care Act and passed it, it created a long list of “fees” and “penalties” for Americans to pay.
But the John Roberts-led Supreme Court, recognizing the Constitution doesn’t allow the government to force people to buy consumer products, turned the “fees” and “penalties” into “taxes.”
However, the Constitution requires all tax measures be initiated in the House, not the Senate."} Originally Posted by goodolboy
Yep! A farcical process that in no manner represented the Constitutional measures required to pass legislation.
The problem was that the bill as written and shown before the court did NOT fave it listed as a tax but a fee.

The other problem is that All tax bills must originate in the house, this fee/tax originated in the senate, not the house, that is unconstitutional.

{"The issue is simple: When the Senate adopted its own bill, installed it inside the shell of a separate and unrelated House bill, called it the Affordable Care Act and passed it, it created a long list of “fees” and “penalties” for Americans to pay.
But the John Roberts-led Supreme Court, recognizing the Constitution doesn’t allow the government to force people to buy consumer products, turned the “fees” and “penalties” into “taxes.”
However, the Constitution requires all tax measures be initiated in the House, not the Senate."} Originally Posted by goodolboy
that is what they did.. a bill that was supposed to be something for the Veterans administration started in the House and when the senate got this bill, they changed the nature of that bill to obamacare and loaded it up with goodies. they then sent that back to the house then to Obama for signing.

what they did was procedurally dodgy! I think they violated their parlimentary rules.

I know somebody filed a lawsuit on this, don't know if they got any where with it.
Call it what you like. Originally Posted by grean
I didn't "call it" anything ... you tried to say Obaminable "knew" all along it was a "tax" ... and that is a lie. It's a lie for two reasons: That's not what he said and you have no clue what Obaminable the dumbass was thinking (crap he didn't even know!).

That's why he sat on the bench while the ACA passed.

Then when you're proven wrong .... you run off and hide behind your normal online bullshit!

How many times was Obaminable overturned by the Supreme Court when he signed his Executive Orders? And you call him brilliant? Everybody and their dog knew he over-stepped. Except you!
You're wrong Lex. Probably half the Dims didn't think their Messiah overstepped his bounds. Most Americans don't know he signed 30+ EOs concerning Obamacare and had a "secret" slush fund to keep it afloat. Hell, the "Business Mandate" that was so instrumental in getting Obamacare passed never took effect!

Thanks, Trump!
You're wrong Lex. Probably half the Dims didn't think their Messiah overstepped his bounds.

Thanks, Trump! Originally Posted by gnadfly
I was giving them the benefit of a doubt, and if they didn't know they are even dumber than they appear....which is extremely dumb.
  • grean
  • 12-21-2017, 09:30 AM
And you know this how? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I know this because I had 5th grade social studies and know the definition of a tax..

He did too and then some.

I know that as far a legality, the easiest thing to do for him would be to call it a tax. There is no dispute that the US government has the power to tax it's citizens.

If he was as dumb as you believe, and he didn't know, then when he was told that it would have to be a tax to be constitutional, he would have just said it was a tax.

However, because he knew he couldn't get the votes in Congress if it were called a tax, he called it a fine, knowing full well that SCOTUS, would see it as semantics and it was actually just a tax.

Trump has an economics degree but still doesn't realize trickle down economics is a busted model. So who is the dumb one?
I know this because I had 5th grade social studies and know the definition of a tax.. Originally Posted by grean
You mean Obaminable taught you in the 5th grade?

What happened? Did you decide you didn't need 6th grade?
I didn't "call it" anything ... you tried to say Obaminable "knew" all along it was a "tax" ... and that is a lie. It's a lie for two reasons: That's not what he said and you have no clue what Obaminable the dumbass was thinking (crap he didn't even know!).

That's why he sat on the bench while the ACA passed.

Then when you're proven wrong .... you run off and hide behind your normal online bullshit!

How many times was Obaminable overturned by the Supreme Court when he signed his Executive Orders? And you call him brilliant? Everybody and their dog knew he over-stepped. Except you! Originally Posted by LexusLover
From the horses mouth. Obama was adamant that it was not a tax, until scotus told his lawyers that it was unconstitutional if it was not a tax. Again, a judge is supposed to listen to your argument, not make your case for you in court by re writing your bill document on the spot.

https://youtu.be/608aMT5-TYk