Place your bets here - Electoral College and Senate

• Tiny
  • 10-08-2020, 06:44 PM
OK, there will be no actual money on the line. But here's your chance to prove you're the best prognosticator in the eccie political forum.

Question 1: After the elections this year have all been decided, how many Senators will be Democrats and how many will be Republicans?

Question 2: How many electoral votes will Trump win? And how many will Biden win?

Rules: Only entries submitted before midnight, Sunday, October 11 will be accepted. You may not change your estimate after submission. Bernie Sanders and Angus King, two independent Senators who caucus with Democrats, will be counted as Democrats. There will be one winner for the Senate question and one winner for the Electoral College question. Your predictions for Democratic and Republican Senators should total 100. And your prediction for number of electoral votes received by Trump plus electoral votes received by Biden should total 538. In the event of a tie, the winners will share the glory.

My entry -

Question 1: 49 Republicans and 51 Democrats

Question 2: 203 electoral votes for Trump and 335 electoral votes for Biden.
I don't have a clue.
I think this is going to be landslide loss for Trump that is Mondalean in scale. I am not sure that I want to commit to 525-13 just yet. Maybe by Sunday.
  • Tiny
  • 10-08-2020, 07:13 PM
I don't have a clue. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Come on Hedonist. You've already been popularly acknowledged as the "best new right-of-center poster" on the eccie political board. This is your chance to cement your legacy.

I think this is going to be landslide loss for Trump that is Mondalean in scale. I am not sure that I want to commit to 525-13 just yet. Maybe by Sunday. Originally Posted by smokedog01
That would be stepping out on a limb, you'd probably have a few people laugh. Just like they laughed at eccieuser and adav8s28 when they guessed 320,000 and 1.6 million deaths from Covid. And it looks like one of them is going to take home the bacon in the Coronavirus Death Guess Game.
That would be stepping out on a limb, you'd probably have a few people laugh. Just like they laughed at eccieuser and adav8s28 when they guessed 320,000 and 1.6 million deaths from Covid. And it looks like one of them is going to take home the bacon in the Coronavirus Death Guess Game. Originally Posted by Tiny

I was not being completely serious. I do think Trump is going to get clobbered in the EC this time around but I do not think we will ever see a walloping like Mondale/Ferraro took. Our country can't agree on anything that much anymore.
The Republicans will hold the Senate, possibly pick up a seat.
President Trump will probably loose.

The biggest looser in this fiasco will be Special Prosecutor Durham. 10 minutes after Biden is Sworn in, He will fire Durham.
Come on Hedonist. You've already been popularly acknowledged as the "best new right-of-center poster" on the eccie political board. This is your chance to cement your legacy.... Originally Posted by Tiny
He is the "best?" Are you kidding me? I didn't realize the bar was set that low. The rest of you Trumpies just got slammed big time.
  • Tiny
  • 10-08-2020, 08:19 PM

The biggest looser in this fiasco will be Special Prosecutor Durham. 10 minutes after Biden is Sworn in, He will fire Durham. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I would be happy with that outcome. For the Senate, I'm assuming Republicans lose seats they now hold in Colorado, Arizona, Maine, North Carolina, and Iowa. And take back Alabama.

I could see Ernst winning in Iowa and Tillis in North Carolina. If that happens the Republicans should hold the Senate. Susan Collins in Maine is starting to look like a long shot.
  • Tiny
  • 10-08-2020, 08:30 PM
He is the "best?" Are you kidding me? I didn't realize the bar was set that low. The rest of you Trumpies just got slammed big time. Originally Posted by Jam3768
Maybe the "best new" poster on the right. Hedonist has only been at it for 6 months or so. I may be prejudiced because he has been reluctantly able to recognize some of Trump's failings and sometimes leans Libertarian, although he could use some enlightenment on trade.

The biggest looser in this fiasco will be Special Prosecutor Durham. 10 minutes after Biden is Sworn in, He will fire Durham. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I hope they hold the Senate.
  • Tiny
  • 10-08-2020, 08:36 PM
I was not being completely serious. I do think Trump is going to get clobbered in the EC this time around but I do not think we will ever see a walloping like Mondale/Ferraro took. Our country can't agree on anything that much anymore. Originally Posted by smokedog01
Yeah, you compare someone like Ronald Reagan (who beat Mondale) or even Bill Clinton to our current choices and wonder what's happened. Why did they do well in their second term elections? Well one reason was they were uniters, not dividers.
republicans hold the senate. they'll gain 1 or 2 more seats.

House will stay democrat, but they will loose at least 10 seats. the impeachment stunt will hurt them.

President Trump wins electoral college, but loses the popular vote (heavily tilted in California and New York, expect those states to have 80% vote against trump.)
  • Tiny
  • 10-08-2020, 08:52 PM
republicans hold the senate. they'll gain 1 or 2 more seats.

House will stay democrat, but they will loose at least 10 seats. the impeachment stunt will hurt them.

President Trump wins electoral college, but loses the popular vote (heavily tilted in California and New York, expect those states to have 80% vote against trump.) Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Dilbert, do you care to put numbers to that? Republicans win 1 or 2 seats means either 54/46 or 55/45 in the Senate. It's 270 electoral votes to win the presidential election.
Come on Hedonist. You've already been popularly acknowledged as the "best new right-of-center poster" on the eccie political board. This is your chance to cement your legacy.

Wow! Who knew? First let me start by thanking all the little people who have supported me.

That would be stepping out on a limb, you'd probably have a few people laugh. Just like they laughed at eccieuser and adav8s28 when they guessed 320,000 and 1.6 million deaths from Covid. And it looks like one of them is going to take home the bacon in the Coronavirus Death Guess Game. Originally Posted by Tiny

OK, truth be told, I didn't want to comment because I think not only is Trump going to lose but Republicans will lose the Senate. Unless there are millions of silent Americans not showing up in the polling, that is what I think will happen.

I think it's possible that the Dem's pick up 4 maybe 5 seats in the Senate. I'm to lazy to do the electoral count but Biden wins.

Sorry guys, not my wish and I hope the hell I'm wrong but that's what I'm seeing right now.

I'm coming for you Tiny if somebody burns my house down!

For the first time in my life, please let me be wrong. Although I have already voted for Trump myself, I think history will show he ran the worst campaign in history. The list of things he has said that he didn't need to say. The things he could have, should have said but didn't, could fill a book.
I was not being completely serious. I do think Trump is going to get clobbered in the EC this time around but I do not think we will ever see a walloping like Mondale/Ferraro took. Our country can't agree on anything that much anymore. Originally Posted by smokedog01
Yeah, you compare someone like Ronald Reagan (who beat Mondale) or even Bill Clinton to our current choices and wonder what's happened. Why did they do well in their second term elections? Well one reason was they were uniters, not dividers. Originally Posted by Tiny

the only problem with this thinking.

bill clinton never got 51% of the popular vote. he may have gotten the majority of the electoral college vote, but I wouldn't call him a uniter.

same with obama, he barely got the popular vote at 51%. doesn't sound very popular like wise.