Harry Reid--Why would we want to save one child with cancer?

Sometimes when you get angry you accidentally reveal the truth. You try to cover it up later with idiotic excuses but the statement is made and the truth is out.

Democratic Senatoe Majority Leader Harry Reid was answering questions of reporters and Dana Bash was getting under his skin. She asked about why the Senate (meaning Reid himself) would not vote on a bill that would fund the National Institute of Health. Seems that one of Obama's decisions to shut down the NIH was cutting off child from cancer drug trials. Why would you do that Senator Reid? "If you can help even one child with cancer, why wouldn't you do that?" Reid answered, "Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless.”

Unbelievable. This is your piece of shit CJ, your party Tex, your leadership person WTF, your standard bearer WE.

No kids pics, CC

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...vatives-pounce
I thought they were only going to kill old people. DAMN...
Sometimes when you get angry you accidentally reveal the truth. You try to cover it up later with idiotic excuses but the statement is made and the truth is out.

Democratic Senatoe Majority Leader Harry Reid was answering questions of reporters and Dana Bash was getting under his skin. She asked about why the Senate (meaning Reid himself) would not vote on a bill that would fund the National Institute of Health. Seems that one of Obama's decisions to shut down the NIH was cutting off child from cancer drug trials. Why would you do that Senator Reid? "If you can help even one child with cancer, why wouldn't you do that?" Reid answered, "Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless.”

Unbelievable. This is your piece of shit CJ, your party Tex, your leadership person WTF, your standard bearer WE.

No kids pics, CC

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...vatives-pounce Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The tea party republicans own this shut down. Vote the tea party out, all of them.
  • Laz
  • 10-02-2013, 10:32 PM
If Reed's comment gets the publicity it deserves it could be the thing that shifts public sentiment. The Republicans also need to pound the fact that deferring the individual mandate one year does not delay Obamacare. It just puts the penalty tax off one year. The democrats fighting to maintain the government subsidy for themselves is not going to be popular either. That makes what Obama is fighting for trivial and makes him the bad guy.

As for the tea party owning this, good for them. We have had plenty of years with Republicans acting like democrats.
I love the panic from the left. Somehow 50 members of Congress have shut down all of the government. If only Reid has passed budget or Obama had cultivated some GOP members into Obamacare...
Actually it was the House that shut down the government. I sincerely hope you're down to Mac and Cheese before the TeaWipes cave.

Just desserts, ramen breath!
Nope, the house passed several bills and Reid failed to get them to the desk of Obama.

If Obamacare is good enough for a single American, it should be good enough for ALL Americans. No exemptions for anybody and no special subsidies for those that are not in poverty. Shouldn't fair be fair? What say you libtards?
No problem here, Teawipe Arsewholes, all the House has to do is pass a bill they've had for 2-3 days - the Senate clean CR. No big deal, just quit deflecting and get on subject - either pass or vote down the Senate CR. Do the math, if the WHOLE House votes on it - guess what? - it PASSES!

All of these piecemeal stunts are merely - say it again, merely - cynical and manipulative attempts at demonstrating "Compassionate Conservatism," which is something that does not exist.
.."Compassionate Conservatism," which is something that does not exist. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
In your mind. But I suspect it does get a bit crowded in there.
I thought they were only going to kill old people. DAMN... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Let the medical marijuana and death panels commence!
It's obvious that our local Teawipes have got nothing. Well, except for the photo of Lexass Bluster's tinfoil hat.
Obama has backed himself into a corner trying to look tough, and isn't willing to make a simple concession at this point. Unfortunately, he now realizes too late that when he compromises, he will be called weak and a flip flopper. The Republicans can't let him off the hook, because the left will crow about their victory. Obama should have thought a little farther ahead. Since he was the editor of the law review and got there because he was a genius, perhaps he should plan better. As great a President as he is, he shouldn't have said he won't negotiate on the main point prior to the talks yesterday. A smart strategy is to leave the other guy a way to save face, and also get what you want.
Myself, I love the shutdown. It just proves how dysfunctional America is these days, and how the productive people are revolting against all the takers and their enrichment schemes disguised as benevolence.
42 try's to repeal AFCA 18 chances to meet with the other party,yet some people think it is all the dem's fault.
I don't hear any compromise coming from the democrats.
  • CJ7
  • 10-03-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't hear any compromise coming from the democrats. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

and you won't, get it? or shall I explain it to you again ?