There's no such thing as simple preference, so she must be racist... right?

That's what a lot of people in the hobby claim, anyway. But what about not-hobby? Are people allowed to have simple preferences in the RW? If so, why would the hobby be any different?

This ad was in the plain, "Women Seeking Men" section of the personals on Craigslist.

+++++++++++++++++++

Seeking Intelligent Life Form (Here)

Looking for a man over 50 who is intelligent, can converse on a variety of subjects...Maybe an argument or two about the current state of affairs. Your education is actually knowing global events, not parroting shit from MSM.

I am an articulate, pretty, very fit female of color looking for a White or Hispanic/Native American man who likes conversations on deep thoughts, loves me in all my imperfections.

Be beautiful on the inside and maybe teach me things I do not know.

http://austin.craigslist.org/w4m/5713911294.html
She sounds like she would into BBCR.
Are people allowed to have simple preferences in the RW?
Originally Posted by Bobave
The PC crowd would probably frown on it.
Of course people are allowed to have a preference in their personal relationships. It's all about what the respective partners personally find attractive. People get up in arms in the hobby because this is supposed to be be a place when no matter what you look like you should be able to find a woman is willing to spend time with you at a price. The reality of the hobby is different.

For example, I see east asian men in the hobby but in my personal life, an east Asian guy would have to be much more attractive than a potential partner of another ethnicity.
I don't see any problem with that CL post.
Even in the hobby world providers are free to pick & choose who they want to see. If I come across a provider who chooses not to see me then I just move right past her and on to the next one. There are plenty of fish in the hobby sea, so just recast your line and eventually you'll nab one.
The ad clearly posted the "preferences" of the lady. She did not post an exclusion "no blacks, no Asians, no middle-eastern terrorists, etc."

The exclusionary language gets everybody all riled up
(and, of course, the actual exclusion does, too...)
  • DSK
  • 08-10-2016, 07:37 AM
That's what a lot of people in the hobby claim, anyway. But what about not-hobby? Are people allowed to have simple preferences in the RW? If so, why would the hobby be any different?

This ad was in the plain, "Women Seeking Men" section of the personals on Craigslist.

+++++++++++++++++++

Seeking Intelligent Life Form (Here)

Looking for a man over 50 who is intelligent, can converse on a variety of subjects...Maybe an argument or two about the current state of affairs. Your education is actually knowing global events, not parroting shit from MSM.

I am an articulate, pretty, very fit female of color looking for a White or Hispanic/Native American man who likes conversations on deep thoughts, loves me in all my imperfections.

Be beautiful on the inside and maybe teach me things I do not know.

http://austin.craigslist.org/w4m/5713911294.html Originally Posted by Bobave
No, I believe personal preferences that are in conflict with current liberal orthodoxy must be eliminated.
People are "allowed" preference in the hobby just as anywhere else.

Providers are actually people, unless some one forgot to send me the memo indicating otherwise.

The only people who claim providers are not entitled to preference, are not providers.

It's a good thing there aren't as many pimps in the world as there used to be, right?

We've come a long way, and all that jazz.....