Touring, How to make the effort worth the cost?

This is a call out for any advise. I like to think I am a decent financial planner and a moderately intelligent woman overall, however I can't seem to figure out this conundrum.

I would like to tour on occasion. I would like to do this without sacrificing my low traffic status. I understand there is some give of course, however I do not want to have to see 4+ gentlemen a day to cover the cost.

Loose cost estimate for accommodations, necessities, and advertisement averages around 800 a day for higher profile places such as Houston. Of course I am not talking a best western hotel or backpage advertisements either.

How to I balance the cost verses the reward in such a way that I don't walk away with a bad taste for touring?

Should I advertise further in advance in an effort to acquire prebooking?
Just nix travel all together.
Travel to smaller locations that are closer to home to lower the cost?
Suck it up and go with a less than optimal hotel?
Require 2 hour bookings when touring?
Other Idea's?

The general idea is, if I tour, I want to provide the same level of service I provide Kansas city with. How do I manage this when touring is founded in high traffic for production?
Sex worker independent contractor .No guarantees on business/money..Business expense coming out of your pocket.
When you charge the rates you do I doubt you will be able to get the money back.

You are going to locations where no one has seen you.

Do the math...

Hotel, travel and food

How many clients do you book?
Minus the cancels

How much is left over?
I'm not sure how you get to $800/day expenses. I'm sure you can find a way to spend that much. I'm just not sure you need to,

Unless you are going when there are special events in the South or Texas you ought to be able to find a business class hotel (Hilton, Marriott, Westin) for $150 or less if you shop around. You don't want to go less then that class of hotel, but IMO staying at the 4+/5 star property is overkill.

Your bigger issue though is how to get the revenue you need without going high volume. The only answer is longer dates.

The dirty little secret (maybe not so secret) is that touring gals that do hourly or 90 minute appointments aren't low volume. They might say they are low volume but they they aren't.

You present yourself uniquely...all this "genuine experience/real me" stuff. My advice: find a raving fan or two from the boards in a city you want to visit and let them know you'd be willing to visit them for an extended date then tack a day or two onto the back end. Note this is free advertising. Don't commit to a visit until you get this "anchor client"

As GY6 suggests, I think you'll struggle with filling up your schedule at $600/90 minutes by advertising on all the usual spots as as unknown (yeah yeah I know you got reviews but so do a lot of gals). Don't mistake this for me saying you aren't worth whatever you are asking...I'm just being real....I can speak best to Atlanta....it is VERY competitive....you are at a premium price point and it is hard to break through the clutter...

On the other hand, find two guys that each want a 4 hour dinner date...build a trip around that and anything else is gravy.
I'm not sure how you get to $800/day expenses. I'm sure you can find a way to spend that much. I'm just not sure you need to,

Unless you are going when there are special events in the South or Texas you ought to be able to find a business class hotel (Hilton, Marriott, Westin) for $150 or less if you shop around. You don't want to go less then that class of hotel, but IMO staying at the 4+/5 star property is overkill.

Your bigger issue though is how to get the revenue you need without going high volume. The only answer is longer dates.

The dirty little secret (maybe not so secret) is that touring gals that do hourly or 90 minute appointments aren't low volume. They might say they are low volume but they they aren't.

You present yourself uniquely...all this "genuine experience/real me" stuff. My advice: find a raving fan or two from the boards in a city you want to visit and let them know you'd be willing to visit them for an extended date then tack a day or two onto the back end. Note this is free advertising. Don't commit to a visit until you get this "anchor client"

As GY6 suggests, I think you'll struggle with filling up your schedule at $600/90 minutes by advertising on all the usual spots as as unknown (yeah yeah I know you got reviews but so do a lot of gals). Don't mistake this for me saying you aren't worth whatever you are asking...I'm just being real....I can speak best to Atlanta....it is VERY competitive....you are at a premium price point and it is hard to break through the clutter...

On the other hand, find two guys that each want a 4 hour dinner date...build a trip around that and anything else is gravy. Originally Posted by atlcomedy

I come up with a loose 800 a night in combination. assume 50 for food for the day if I do not go 4-5 star. 250 for a room a night (even at the business class hotels a suite, or room big enough to entertain not just on the bed, is going to start at 250) In Houston. As I am hosting it is only respectable to be the person to offer refreshments for each evening (One bottle of wine each evening under the assumption that I only see one client each evening) Of course the gentleman is spending a decent sum so offering him a bottle of 20 dollar throw away wine isn't particularly fair on my part. So assume at least another 100 (if I don't wish a sweeter variety of wine for myself if so I would add in another 80) in refreshments. And cost of being away from home overnight (childcare) roughly comes to 100 dollars every 18-24 hours. Now if I chose a smaller more cramped room I could certainly bring my hotel cost down to 150-200. If I nixed a meal or two here and there (certainly wouldn't hurt my waist any) I could probably save another 40 a day. I could also cut corners on the refreshment and pretend a bottle of La Lejania Chardonnay 2012 is a bottle of nicer fair but I really am not comfortable with that. Like any good financial planner I like to give myself some wiggle room for all of the above. So I add in another 100 to 200 dollars a day for emergency money. If we keep to the smaller numbers yes I can drop my costs down to 300-500 but even then a single appointment if it were not over two hours would barely be worth it for profits sake.

This was not meant as a debate so much as an explanation of where I came up with that number.

Thank you alt, for your advice. It is well thought out and I will look into seeing if there is a viable way to make it work for me.
There is a difference between 'touring" and taking a "vacation". With planning I can stay at 3-4 star hotels for $100-$150 per night. You can buy everything in the Well and mixers for $40-$50 (Three Days & Nights) Snakes and food per day $75-$100

Hotel: $100-$150
Drinks: $40-$50
Food Snakes: $75-$100
Travel: $200 (driving)

Totals Expences $845-$1,100

One Session Per Day: $400
Three Day Total: $1200
Three Day Net: $155-$255

LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS WORKING "THREE" HOURS IN THREE DAYS! Enjoy your vacation.

Two Sessions Per Day: $400 each = $800
Three Day Total: $2400
Three Day Net: $1300-$1555

LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS WORKING "SIX" HOURS IN THREE DAYS!

Three Sessions Per Day: $400 each = $1200
Three Day Total: $3600
Three Day Net: $2500-$2750

LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS WORKING "NINE" HOURS IN THREE DAYS!

The Norm In Touring...

Hotel: $100-$150
Drinks: $40-$50
Food Snakes: $75-$100

Five Sessions Per Day: $250 each = $1250
Three Day Total: $3750
Three Day Net: $2650-$2905

THIS IS WORKING "Fifteen" HOURS IN THREE DAYS!

Taking no prisionrs touring

Hotel: $200
Drinks: Client Brings Refreshments if he wants them!
Food Snakes: $100

Totals Expences $1,100

8-10 Sessions Per Day: $250 each = $2000-$2500
Three Day Total: $6000-$7500
Totals Expences $1,100
Three Day Net: $5900-$6400

THIS IS WORKING 24-30 HOURS IN THREE DAYS!

EMERGENCY MONEY ???
Very in depth SL. Just to be fair you'll need to include a little more time to screen and getting ready for appointments so add at least 3-5 hours per day to be conservative. Also that doesn't include at least 1-2 hours wasted on NCNS or reschedules huh. Also no mention about advertisement which I'm sure a lot of the decent providers spend money on.
I do quite well when I travel...it is my bread & butter!

I start with trying to find a 3 or more star hotel at lowest price....like on priceline or getaroom.com...I rarely pay over 70 bucks a nite

And then I write all my regulars first to preset some appts...then I advertise EVERYWHERE...it does not cost me anything except p411 points.
the main key is to space the gents...I do 2 or 3 a day when I travel...I never stay anywhere more than a couple days excpet New orleans & Houston {I have ALOT oif regulars those 2 cities...plus New Orleans I basically go there to pay for my vacation}....I only go to eat out a few time...I carry a grilled cheese maker & usually get a fridge in my room.

The main thing is to not go shopping crazy...lol...that is MY weakspot!
Now with the use of the internet you can go to the travel and hotel sites and get the best deals. After you have that figured out then make sure that you can book so many appointments before you go. Say you book twice as many just in case a few don't show up and I am also sure that you will get request once you arrive in the city.. From there you might get a couple of multiple hours and usually you should stick with the price point of 300 to 400 an hour. Make sure that you tour spots where there is population density so that you will increase the odds of getting good, viable clients. Finally, try to tour white collar cities if you can afford it.
Very in depth SL. Just to be fair you'll need to include a little more time to screen and getting ready for appointments so add at least 3-5 hours per day to be conservative. Also that doesn't include at least 1-2 hours wasted on NCNS or reschedules huh. Also no mention about advertisement which I'm sure a lot of the decent providers spend money on. Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
Please see DallasRain's answer!
Another a great Idea is to find a board member that's been around a while and see if you can schedule with them "first" and then ask them to post in the ML. You might even send them a pic or two that are unpublished so they can post them. What a great idea. Why hasn't somebody thought of that?
Maybe I'm still stuck in College Survival 101 but if I spend $50 a DAY on food I'd be broke! $10 a day can get me enough food to be full, healthy and happy. I think food network did a few segments about eating while traveling on a budget.

Also, I use Priceline and get 3+ star rooms for under $80 like DR said. I don't need a 5 star room to fuck a man in, and sex in hot tubs never worked out for me.
What do you do in a 5 star hotel?
Of course the gentleman is spending a decent sum so offering him a bottle of 20 dollar throw away wine isn't particularly fair on my part. So assume at least another 100 (if I don't wish a sweeter variety of wine for myself if so I would add in another 80)
All you need is $3 and you could then lower your rate.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...ines/index.htm
Anybody want to offer me $250 for a fuck? I'll show you how to get richQUICK! But then, I am just a horny working stiff that really can't afford this hobby. But also can't afford to divorce her either.
I make $50/ hr from the time I arrive till the time I leave. Minus supplies and expenses for welding truck. (Easy $$/day) 10 hours=$500-$$= $$$ for TEN HOURS under the hood.
Fucking for a living sure sounds like a promotion to me.
Nobody wants to fuck an old bald headed fart though.
So when this wore out, stressed out independent contractor shows up with his hard earned cash, just show me the titties and suck my dick cause I have earned it.
Now ats jus me.