Unexpected Gifts

I was working away when a delivery truck paid an unexpected visit. Two books from Amazon: "Play It As It Lays" and "The Book Theif".

Yay! A random and unannounced gift. I'm so thrilled to add to my book shelf.

And back to work I go, reminded how much more fun my other job is.
On my last day at an out-of-state job, a lady came over to my office and said she had baked a cake for me. Totally stunning and unexpected.

[Caveat: I work in a very unpopular job, and people normally cheer when I leave, not throw me a party. The lady is in her 70s.]
Totally stunning and unexpected.

.] Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
The cake or the lady?

[caveat: I hear some Grannies give one hell of a gum job]
Yes, I have received a very unexpected gift that left me in tears for the rest of the day. The tears were of gratitude and happiness.

"And that's all I have to say about that."
I know what it was. I know what it was.
Yes, I have received a very unexpected gift that left me in tears for the rest of the day. The tears were of gratitude and happiness.

"And that's all I have to say about that." Originally Posted by Ansley
I had one of those not long ago, March I think! It was an inexpensive gift, but the thought behind it was touching. I was walking on air for a week.
I know what it was. I know what it was. Originally Posted by pjorourke
showoff
I have received gifts from people who never knew they were giving me a gift. I treasure the gifts, and I treasure those individuals.
A lady, knowing I would value the content, gave me her uncle's diary complete with photos of her entire family, etc. As the lady is a provider, I'm sure you can imagine the many unspoken things that came with that gift; and I treasure them.

A lady who has been a platonic friend of mine for a couple of decades now; back before she knew me especially well, attended massage classes with me as a partner. That was a real leap of faith, which I did not abuse, and we have been close friends ever since.
Up and out of the blue, I’ve received flowers. I’ve received chocolates not out of the blue, but the offer was out of the blue. Both were appreciated and made me smile for days.
Someone I met recently made a generous donation to one of the animal rescue groups I have listed on my site.It was after we had already met, so he really had nothing to gain from it.

Edward is from a rescue group in Canada.So I know how important they can be for dogs like him.It really meant a lot to me that he knew that the donation would mean more to me than a tip would have.
I received an unexpected gift once. But Penicillin cleared it right up.
I received an unexpected gift once. But Penicillin cleared it right up. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
I got that gift too! I think she kept giving it even after I informed her what she was giving. The '70's, what memories.
I received an unexpected gift once. But Penicillin cleared it right up. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
I got that gift too! I think she kept giving it even after I informed her what she was giving. The '70's, what memories!
I got that gift too! Originally Posted by surcher
Uhh, I was kidding. But glad it worked out for ya.