Email Notifications of Private Messages

Sometimes I get an email notice of a new private message but many times I do not? Why?
The issue may well be your email service. I know that some yahoo mail users seem to get spotty delivery from certain websites, usually adult websites. Gmail seems to work more consistently and, we should all remember that many (free, even some that are paid!) email services monitor (e.g. read) all of your incoming and outgoing mail.

To be clear, the reading is not word for word per se, but to catch significant data so the mail services can target you with ads for stuff like travel, banking, certain retail products, auto insurance, meds, etc., etc.

Which is why you may see popup ads next to your mail, or, even inside articles while you're reading publications on line or scanning certain websites.

Welcome to the Internet!
The issue may well be your email service. I know that some yahoo mail users seem to get spotty delivery from certain websites, usually adult websites. Gmail seems to work more consistently and, we should all remember that many (free, even some that are paid!) email services monitor (e.g. read) all of your incoming and outgoing mail.

To be clear, the reading is not word for word per se, but to catch significant data so the mail services can target you with ads for stuff like travel, banking, certain retail products, auto insurance, meds, etc., etc.

Which is why you may see popup ads next to your mail, or, even inside articles while you're reading publications on line or scanning certain websites.

Welcome to the Internet! Originally Posted by ck1942
What you have said is true about email programs. What makes this different has been I receive all daily updates of subscribed threads but not notification of all messages.
  • Mokoa
  • 02-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Do you have your option to Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages turned on? See below...
  1. Go to the User CP link in the Main Menu on the left of this page.
  2. Go to the Edit Options link on the left
  3. In the Private Messaging section, check the box labeled Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages.
  4. Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom.
Do you have your option to Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages turned on? See below...
  1. Go to the User CP link in the Main Menu on the left of this page.
  2. Go to the Edit Options link on the left
  3. In the Private Messaging section, check the box labeled Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages.
  4. Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom.
Originally Posted by Mokoa
Thank you, but yes I do have the email notification turned on. Just sometimes I get an email notification, sometimes I don't and only am notified I have a message when I log in.
  • Mokoa
  • 02-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Then you may want to try a different email provider. There are those who block emails to and from sites with adult content, like AOL. I am not familiar with the email provider you are using so I do not know if there are any issues with them receiving ECCIE emails.