The Handshake

Obamas handshake with Raul Castro today is big news. Was it planned, or just happenstance? Should Obama offered his hand to the Commie or not? I'm sure it was a calculated decision to shake Castro's hand. I'm thinkin it was the right thing to do. Why upstage Mandela's funeral. Maybe Castro gave Obama a box of Cigars or something. Your thoughts if any?
  • Old-T
  • 12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
It's amazing what the press will make a big deal about.

We are not at war with Cuba. A handshake is really nothing more than a handshake.

What scares me is we will now have to listen to droning hours of analysis and counteranalysis. Was it too firm? What did that mean? It was 6.3 seconds, is that significant.

Spare me the over analysis of such things. Have we nothing better to do?
I just thought the handshake was sort of square. Always took The Messiah for a high-fivin', fist-bumpin' kinda dude.
Why does this make you shit yourself, pissant?

Is this something you learned during your tour of duty?
  • CJ7
  • 12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
High Five

oh wait ...
Tear down your wall...
  • CJ7
  • 12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Tear down your wall... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
like Reagan had anything to do with the wall being torn down ..talk about a POLITICAL statement ... sort of like Mission accomplished
Why does this make you shit yourself, pissant?

Is this something you learned during your tour of duty? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Who are you addressing? Who's shitting themselves? Looks like you are. You always do.
reread your panicked OP, pissant
reread your panicked OP, pissant Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I think you're always in a state of panic aren't you? 600 posts in 2 weeks. Your so panicked that you don't sleep, sweat rolling off your forehead, the crash cart by your side.
Less amused, I mean dog forbid they would actually work at journalism.
High Five

oh wait ... Originally Posted by CJ7
Reagan had a gun in his left hand locked and loaded
Reagan didn't know left from right at that point. He thought he was shaking hands with Martin Balsam!
Yes, revisionist history. Reagan outlasted three other Soviet leaders and stared down Gorbie in Iceland. You can be magnanimous when you've kicked ass.
Obamas handshake with Raul Castro today is big news. Was it planned, or just happenstance? Should Obama offered his hand to the Commie or not? Originally Posted by bambino
Not shaking his hand would have made America seem petty and juvenile. Oh wait our policy toward Cuba is. There is absolutely no reason for our current policy toward Cuba. You want the current regime to fall? Toss all the laws and open Cuba to the full force of American business influence. Once the people get a taste of good old American capitalism guess what happens. If we can have normal relations with China we can do it with Cuba.