Inflation

So will the inflation make you think twice now before you go to a club or other hobby places you might like or a reg at? My food bill has gone up allready by at least 100 bucks per month and my gas is now costing me 80 a week it used to be about 42 a week.
I don't go to clubs & it hasn't affected my hobbying frequency.
I have started eating at home more often, last time I went to Pappas a small cup of Gumbo was over $11!
Diesel is currently $3.99/gallon at my local Chevron so I'm also back to driving my Tercel.
For me the inflation doesn't mean much.

I work from home, so I don't commute much and if I don't want to pay the gas I just stay home. A grocery store, a coffee shop,, and Walmart are all a Mile walk from my home.

Food inflation is my main concern and as the post above pointed out, it's costing me about a $100 extra.

The provider inflation is more concerning to me. There was a 50 yo Milf in my area who was charging $350 pre-pamdemic, and post pandemic is now charging $800/hour.

I'm not sure who is paying that rate, but for me I am not paying a rate higher than my highly educated attorney charges.
Nope.

I’ve heard lots of pissing and moaning about inflation on the news, but I haven’t been affected by it personally. I’ve also yet to hear it mentioned by any of my friends or acquaintances IRL. It’s actually the opposite. Love me some high gas prices - keeps the O&G industry humming and me flush with hobby dollars.

If spending an extra couple hundred bucks a month is enough to pucker your asshole, it might be a good idea to reassess if you could afford to hobby in the first place. Last thing I want to see on the news is some monger whining about having to choose between medication or mammaries.
If spending an extra couple hundred bucks a month is enough to pucker your asshole, it might be a good idea to reassess if you could afford to hobby in the first place. Originally Posted by Bush_Pilot
I think it has caused a few to better manage their finances.
Tis is life

Here's a fun fact:
Gas prices stayed at below $1.00 between 1929 and 1980 in Texas...but then....
Inflation is hitting those who rent the hardest.

Last month's CPI ONLY Included 3+% for change In housing costs, but reality is rent increase are over 10%.

The plumber who made an emergency call this week charged me $300/hour, so that has gone up.
Hopefully GPS doesnt jack up the rates.. for the same ol same ol..
Tis is life

Here's a fun fact:
Originally Posted by Italia DiBella
If you look at 40 years valuation and mpg gains there is no gas price increase since 1980.

It’s also weird to me to hear people even talk about this when gas prices were far above what they are now for 2010-2014.
High *oil* prices keep O&G humming. Not gas prices. High oil prices are actually an enemy of the refining industry. Which is more profitable when input costs like oil are low.

Also, O&G isn’t humming compared to 10 years ago. Looking at the stock price, number of people employed, total revenues, capital spending, etc. all these indicators are far below what they were 10 years ago.

Ie a company I worked for employed 85,000 people world wide in O&G in 2014. It was 35,000 pre covid. It was 20,000 at the bottom of covid. And it’s 25,000 now. That’s not booming and is the broad story of a greatly reduced in size industry.

For me, I made the most $$$ ever by getting away from O&G. No more booms and busts now.
High *oil* prices keep O&G humming. Not gas prices. High oil prices are actually an enemy of the refining industry. Which is more profitable when input costs like oil are low. Originally Posted by Stromprophet
You’re splitting hairs here.

Yes, high *oil* prices keep O&G humming, and higher *oil* prices reduce profits for refiners. But, as good capitalists, they have a remedy for that - they raise the price of their product - you know - *gas* (fuel oil, diesel, whatever). It’s a pretty direct correlation.

You simply can’t sustain high oil prices and low fuel prices, and as much as people may think they want low *oil* prices, they really don’t. They want the mid-point of the upward slope of the boom-bust cycle. Coming out of the bust hurts their wallets a bit at the pump though, so they piss and moan without realizing how good other things around them are.

My original point in calling out people complaining about the price of gas right now was to highlight that a significant portion of the Houston economy is driven by the price of oil. When oil prices drop, Houston suffers. If you need evidence of this, look at how 1986 affected the entire Houston financial landscape. Ask anyone who lived through that if they would go back to it just to save money on fuel. I wouldn’t.
  • BLM69
  • 02-23-2022, 01:57 PM
Tis is life

Here's a fun fact:
Originally Posted by Italia DiBella
I remember paying 99 cents a gallon in the 90s while in highschool, now I have to plan my trips so I don't waste fuel
^^^ Really?
I wasn't driving then so don't recall but I'm a history buff, was going off of classic movies and news feeds from my calculations.

Would be awesome to see 99cents in our future

I'll have to create some Outcall SPECIALS

Jokes/jokes
But really, yes
I didn't know how much shit cost before all this inflation, so I have no clue what happens now.

My favorite provider still charges $300/hr.

I'm not worried.
If spending an extra couple hundred bucks a month is enough to pucker your asshole, it might be a good idea to reassess if you could afford to hobby in the first place. Originally Posted by Bush_Pilot

^^^^ Thank you for making my night, that shit was Hilarious!

Have a great night and Happy Hobbying!