Ethninicty

I find it interesting that providers that are of mixed ethnicity will state such, but IMO, if it's not obvious, what's the point if you can't tell. I suspect, it's a selling point, but how/why if you can't tell. Just my 2 cents.

For example...

I am an exotic mix of Ebony, Native American and Creole
I've not met this young lady, although her pics look hot, but am I going to be able to tell if she creole unless her speech is any indication.

BTW, this isn't a slam against mixed provider, I just don't think it helps as a selling point, but, what do I know.
It all tastes the same!

I find it interesting that providers that are of mixed ethnicity will state such, but IMO, if it's not obvious, what's the point if you can't tell. I suspect, it's a selling point, but how/why if you can't tell. Just my 2 cents.

For example...

I've not met this young lady, although her pics look hot, but am I going to be able to tell if she creole unless her speech is any indication.

BTW, this isn't a slam against mixed provider, I just don't think it helps as a selling point, but, what do I know. Originally Posted by whatstheplay
I don't believe stating it matters that much unless you aim to attract a certain clientele because of it.

For instance, I state my Middle Eastern heritage all over my persona & I can honestly say I attract a lot of ME, Indian, African, etc clientele because of it. (Which by the way have been some of the safest & most polite gents I've ever met).

I also throw my heritage out into the mix for those who are interested in trying something different. Look at it as trying out different types of coffee lol.

I also think for the more exotic looking ladies it quite possibly could be an incredible selling point.

Just my humble opinion of course
Well, a lot of people who are mixed race may have phenotypical features that do not readily convey their ancestry. Yet their ancestry may have many cultural impacts and shape how they view and move through the world. Or other aspects about them such as their interests. I think for providers who are catering to a certain clientele, a compelling story that relates to one's ancestry can be very intriguing. Just as it may be intriguing to note where you are from or where you grew up, or what you studied in school, or where you've traveled or any other marker that isn't physical.

I also think it is interesting to note that these questions arise especially when applied to women of color. If someone is white, and says that she is part German and part Irish, who is so highly skilled at noting the nuance and distinction between the German features and the Irish ones. In that example, I'd think it's noteworthy to mention even if there are no readily perceived physical distinctions.
CaramelBBW and Lena Duvall, you both have great points and I think seeing/ hearing different perspectives helps my point of view, I'm only speaking for myself, but prior to having your input, heritage/ethnicity only mattered to me because...I love coffee. I think , unless I have a visit with multiple hours, I probably wouldn't find out a lot of what you ladies have mentioned.

Look at it as trying out different types of coffee lol.
But again, to that I say, when listing more that a couple of ethnic backgrounds to the list, if I can't readily tell, it seems meaningless. I'm not saying her ethnic background is meaningless (I mean to offend NO ONE); I'm saying if she's Irish, Creole and xxx and....but I don't the the Irish in her, it's meaningless, I'm just saying, in terms of a visual.

Hopefully this makes sense. I feel like there's a better way of saying this.
I think it's pointless. And it's mainly done by black women who want to sound other than black or white women who want to sound other than white. Stupid and pointless. A guy doesn't care if he fucks a Creole or a German, especially if he can't tell anyways.
Lots of different agendas at work on this issue.

From experience in Las Vegas, probably 90% of the women who advertise as Brazilian are Mexican. Ask them if they speak Portuguese and they look at you like you're stupid.

It sells better.
Well, a lot of people who are mixed race may have phenotypical features that do not readily convey their ancestry. Yet their ancestry may have many cultural impacts and shape how they view and move through the world. Or other aspects about them such as their interests. I think for providers who are catering to a certain clientele, a compelling story that relates to one's ancestry can be very intriguing. Just as it may be intriguing to note where you are from or where you grew up, or what you studied in school, or where you've traveled or any other marker that isn't physical.

I also think it is interesting to note that these questions arise especially when applied to women of color. If someone is white, and says that she is part German and part Irish, who is so highly skilled at noting the nuance and distinction between the German features and the Irish ones. In that example, I'd think it's noteworthy to mention even if there are no readily perceived physical distinctions. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
Well said. I think some may use "mixed heritage" because that's part of their personal identity. Others may feel it makes them more marketable to throw a few exotic sounding cultures in there, whether they have that genetic ancestry or not. In this country we're all mutts if you trace back far enough so it doesn't really matter to me personally.

As to being unable to identify one European culture vs another in one's physical features, that is a purely American trait. Europeans can spot another European's country of origin from a mile away. Here we are just too jumbled up generally to make a definitive guess.
Well said. I think some may use "mixed heritage" because that's part of their personal identity. Others may feel it makes them more marketable to throw a few exotic sounding cultures in there, whether they have that genetic ancestry or not. In this country we're all mutts if you trace back far enough so it doesn't really matter to me personally.

As to being unable to identify one European culture vs another in one's physical features, that is a purely American trait. Europeans can spot another European's country of origin from a mile away. Here we are just too jumbled up generally to make a definitive guess. Originally Posted by FrankieP
I think, on the surface, it may make them more marketable, but that's as far as it may go. For example, if I'm looking for an Asian provider I'm looking for one that very definitely has the look and feel, not one that's mixed with Asian somewhere down the line. Or, as zeejoe pointed out, the example with Brazilians, but I'll add South American too for the sake of generality....I agree with him.

I've visited a particular SF provider that used to visit KC; she advertised being Dominican. I dunno if she was or not, and I didn't care because she was hot as hell. She was definitely exotic looking. That's another phrase that gets tossed around, but I'll leave that one alone.
I do have a preference for certain ethnicities, or europeans with accents, so if I see that in an add it will catch my attention and look more closely at the girls add. For instance persian kim, the arabian akilah rose or the hungarian student girl and the egyptian jasmine currently in kc. I like meeting girls of different cultures. Even if they are only half/mixed .
cmore, in your examples, they are all smokin hot ladies. Admittedly, I don't readily know what Arabian, Egyptian, Hungarian or Persian looks like, perhaps because I'm ignorant like that and I didn't pay attention in geography class. With that said, if one of those ethnicity's is 2nd or 3rd on the list, I damn sure wouldn't be able to tell.

You mentioned Arabian Akilah Rose. Becasue she uses Arabian in the title of her name, I'm of the opinion shes from Saudi Arabia, but she's actually Lebanese and German per her website.

... but am I going to be able to tell if she creole unless her speech is any indication. Originally Posted by whatstheplay
Branding, context, framing - credit to those who can market well - not only embracing heritage but also allowing features to be compared/contrasted with those subconsciously known to be similarly exotic via association. Sasha Fierce?
  • Luxie
  • 03-29-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm black and white, always state that I'm biracial or mixed because well, I am lol! Who knew it was a *selling* point??
I'm black and white, always state that I'm biracial or mixed because well, I am lol! Who knew it was a *selling* point?? Originally Posted by AriannaFox
Biracial (black and White) is pretty cut and dry. There's no guess work in that one.
  • Luxie
  • 03-30-2016, 02:17 PM
There is some sicilian thrown in (my grandmother is black sicilian) and some native, but I'm unsure of what tribe even though my grandfathers mother was full native so I never represent it. Could be cool to find out one day though.

So all in all, I'm just a mutt! Lol.