Your self-image???

• onei
  • 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't normally post in this section, but I saw this a few days ago, and knowing that we (people in general) are usually more critical of ourself than others are of us, and I think women tend to be more critical of themselves than men do, then I thought this short video would be thought provoking.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_JiKi...%3DQo_JiKi8ezI
  • Loxly
  • 11-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Probably does strike a cord with everyone. I'd have liked to see another artist do the descriptions from the others and then compare.

Thanks for posting. If I could get my image up in the mirror I might not have a problem.
This is a good piece. It would have been interesting to make it truly blind, and have the artist not know whether the women were describing themselves or the person they just met. When Dove first started this 'Real Women, Real Beauty' campaign I dismissed it as just an advertising gimmick, but they are doing some powerful work with it.
This is a good piece. It would have been interesting to make it truly blind, and have the artist not know whether the women were describing themselves or the person they just met. When Dove first started this 'Real Women, Real Beauty' campaign I dismissed it as just an advertising gimmick, but they are doing some powerful work with it. Originally Posted by Fratelli
I love those ads!

Thanks for the link. It was rather inspiring.
  • onei
  • 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst
I can only speak for myself and men in general, but that there is more true than most want to admit.