Deleting a thread in the Alert section

• Echoj
  • 08-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I had a horrible event happen that I posted to the alert section to get some possible help with. It was suggested that I pull the thread down incase the other party comes across it. I agree that its a wise choice, and I would like to have that thread deleted please.

Thank you very much!

title of thread was- I need Help with this!

~Echo
be more careful what you post, they don't usually take down threads/posts.
Sorry sir but we don't delete threads or post. Sometimes they may be removed from public view for reasons deemed by the staff but this is not one of them. We have over 100k users, i highly doubt you are the only one who is married on here who's wife is looking.....FWIW we get request to remove or disable profiles due to SO issues on the daily.
  • Echoj
  • 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Sorry sir but we don't delete threads or post. Sometimes they may be removed from public view for reasons deemed by the staff but this is not one of them. We have over 100k users, i highly doubt you are the only one who is married on here who's wife is looking.....FWIW we get request to remove or disable profiles due to SO issues on the daily. Originally Posted by mojojo213
I never knew that it would be forever. I was just looking for quick help. I am not trying to hide something from my SO. I am trying to make sure that someone that is threating me and my family does not have anything they could use against us. I understand now that what I write is forever and will make sure that I watch what I post. I thought thus was a community where we watch out for each other and try to have a good time. As you can see in the transcript, this has jumped way beyond the realm of a good time!

Please, remove the post and I will make sure nothing like this happens again!
I think the Mods can remove the private communication you posted there. In fact, I believe, it is against ECCIE guidelines to post private communications verbatim.

You seem to be getting paranoid with this. Just drop it and move on. I remember one guy threatening me that he knew who and what I was. Well, he certainly found out, afterwards.
  • Echoj
  • 08-14-2013, 04:09 PM
That would help! Thanks.
  • zme
  • 08-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Not only is the original post forever but so is this one. If you have questions PM a mod directly. So you are not doing it in public view.
Posting something on the Internet more permanent than carving it in stone. Remember that and think before you post.