Obama, Clinton Rail Against Free Speech Under Guise Of Fighting 'Misinformation'

Over the last 24 hours, former President Barack Obama and twice-failed presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton have come out against free speech - calling for big tech to go further to censor views they disagree with.

On Thursday, Obama told an audience at Stanford University that tech companies are "turbo-charging some of humanity’s worst impulses," adding "One of the biggest reasons for the weakening of democracy is the profound change that’s taken place in how we communicate and consume information."

He then said that people are 'dying because of disinformation.'

Obama's 'misinformation' shtick was largely a repeat of a speech he gave two weeks ago in Chicago, when he claimed "You have to fight to provide people [with] the information they need to be free and self-governing." In other words, government-approved narratives.

As The Federalist noted, however, Obama "Spied on the Donald Trump campaign with a secret court warrant backed by the Hillary Clinton campaign-funded Christopher Steele dossier which, in an ironic twist, was the product of Russian disinformation. Democrats used this disinformation to repeatedly smear President Trump and undermine the integrity of the 2016 election."

Hillary Clinton joined the fray on Thursday, tweeting "For too long, tech platforms have amplified disinformation and extremism with no accountability," and called on "our transatlantic allies to push the Digital Services Act," aimed at regulating online platforms.

Of course, Hillary Clinton funded the Russian disinfo dossier that Obama's administration used against Trump, and the former British spy that was paid to fabricate it pushed it to major news outlets which peddled the misinformation as long as they could squeeze blood from that stone.

What was that about misinformation, Hillary?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...misinformation
Obama wants more censorship at the same time Elon Musk is willing to spend $46.5 billion to guarantee free speech.

Incredible.
... Golfer Greg Norman surely had a trite saying that does
apply to OBama's bad ways - "Par for the course"...

### Salty
It seems nowadays "misinformation" means anything that goes against your views.

Gee! I can't think of any country where the government shuts down opposing views
They’ve got mucho chutzpah bitching about misinformation after trying to take down a sitting President with their gaggle of Russia bullshit.
  • Devo
  • 04-25-2022, 11:06 AM
It seems nowadays "misinformation" means anything that goes against your views.

Gee! I can't think of any country where the government shuts down opposing views Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
Which is why I don't trust the Ukraine bullshit propaganda.
Obama knew the Elon Musk deal was going through when he gave his speech on Internet censorship last week

Do you really think they’re just going to let you have free speech back without a fight?
... He surely DID! ... OBama starting to see just how UNPOPULAR
he really is. ...

#### Salty
The libtards are at it again.

They won't to eliminate free speech and push more censorship

BREAKING: Biden Admin Department of Homeland Security to create a 'Disinformation Governance Board' dedicated to 'countering misinformation'
  • Devo
  • 04-27-2022, 12:33 PM

BREAKING: Biden Admin Department of Homeland Security to create a 'Disinformation Governance Board' dedicated to 'countering misinformation' Originally Posted by berryberry
I don't understand how the Government hopes to censor free speech, anyone is entitled to spout disiformation if they wish, as long as its not shouting fire in a theater.

I mean, where is legal for them to start impinging on the first Amendment?

I just see a slippery slope like their attacks on guns, you know reasonable speech laws, that violate the spirit of the first A.
I don't understand how the Government hopes to censor free speech, anyone is entitled to spout disiformation if they wish, as long as its not shouting fire in a theater.

I mean, where is legal for them to start impinging on the first Amendment?

I just see a slippery slope like their attacks on guns, you know reasonable speech laws, that violate the spirit of the first A. Originally Posted by Devo
Since when do libtards care about what is legal and the Constitution?

They only care about power for themselves. We have seen it over and over but most egregiously in how they cheated in the 2020 election by suppressing information damaging to Senile Biden, by breaking laws on mail in voting, and by a host of other illegal actions

BREAKING: Biden Admin Department of Homeland Security to create a 'Disinformation Governance Board' dedicated to 'countering misinformation' Originally Posted by berryberry
This is who the Biden Admin has selected to run Homeland Security's new Disinformation Governance Board:

Even more on Senile Biden making policing Americans’ speech Homeland Security's top priority by creating a Disinformation Board. And take a look at the views of the leftist radical running it

We now officially have a Ministry of Truth.

George Orwell please phone home