Whataburger vs that other place

Hadn’t not been to In and Out burger in so long so decided to give it another try.
I refuse and will not ever put that thousand island dressing on my burger! Hell nah. If you go cut it. It’s just not right Dry is the only way to go,there. They call it special sauce but only cause it’s retarted to begin with. it belongs on a salad not a burger! And the cardboard fries….Still the same. It no coincidence when you order it they put that salt packet right on top cause they know no way in hell you can eat ‘em without it!
The verdict is still the same and not even close.
But sometimes even though you have it good, like you may drive a nice sports car for example, go on a vaca or business trip and drive the rental car around for a week, when you get home that hot ride is more enjoyable when you hop back in her.
And speaking of hoping into hot things be on the look out for review of my dip back into the AMP waters in a very very long time. Just too tired to do the review justice now.
Whataburger rules.
  • BLM69
  • 07-05-2023, 03:45 PM
Cardboard fries? You do know that they cut the whole potatoes in house! All you have to do is replace the sauce with mayonnaise or whatever you like. Whatever burger doesn't compare to fresh burgers
I notice in and out does not offer bacon on any of their burgers.

Bacon does not exist on their menu.

I won't go there because they don't offer a Bacon Cheeseburger.
Whataburger is great.I invite everyone to visit your local Whataburger for a great meal. Morning noon or night.
Number 1 w/cheese mmmmm good
I understand they cut them fresh but wheres the flavor. If I grab a fresh potato from the garden and take a bite of it like I was eating an apple, well that us fresh but still tastes like shit!
I asked a Cali friend about In and Out some years ago shorlty after they migrated here. He told me that out in Cali they would only use fresh product from local farms and ranches but when they moved out here they went to a lot of highly regulated distributor bulk style and basically there's a drop off in the overall experience.

As far as whataburger goes, I always get real choppy lettuce on my burgers there and if I get bacon, it's always like these dinky overly cripsy strips that don't even stretch across the whole diameter of the patty. That and it would always seem like their buns were cold. Catch em when their fresh and they're good, but more times than not.....It's been years, but their potato, egg and cheese taquitos always seemed on point and yes, their ketchup is where it's at.
Overall, I personally give both places a "meh" and when I'm looking for a fast food burger then I'll hit up Jakkes, Kellers and be fine with them every time...
Let me know when Whataburger brings back the monterey melt.

I like whataburger for the most part. Ive had in and out a couple of times and didnt find it to be anything special either. I also heard that In and Out in Cali and such is different. We tried to get something from there when we went to LA a couple of years ago.. but damn line was worse than Chick Fil A at lunch hour.. and this was at like 9PM
  • BLM69
  • 07-06-2023, 11:21 AM
I asked a Cali friend about In and Out some years ago shorlty after they migrated here. He told me that out in Cali they would only use fresh product from local farms and ranches but when they moved out here they went to a lot of highly regulated distributor bulk style and basically there's a drop off in the overall experience.

As far as whataburger goes, I always get real choppy lettuce on my burgers there and if I get bacon, it's always like these dinky overly cripsy strips that don't even stretch across the whole diameter of the patty. That and it would always seem like their buns were cold. Catch em when their fresh and they're good, but more times than not.....It's been years, but their potato, egg and cheese taquitos always seemed on point and yes, their ketchup is where it's at.
Overall, I personally give both places a "meh" and when I'm looking for a fast food burger then I'll hit up Jakkes, Kellers and be fine with them every time... Originally Posted by Bald Bryan
I believe they have their own local processing factory where the beef comes from, they like to keep the quality control in check. In and out isn't the best, but it blows whataburger in quality.
While fast food has become cost prohibitive in todays economy (you cannot justify a +$6 burger), where you see the differences in franchises isnt the recipes but the standards. Whataburger, for me, remains king because of the type of people they hire and let run a franchise. Whether its a McDonalds or Hardees or even Whataburger, if the manager is of an urban demographic, standards get thrown out for convenience sake (because it would require cracking down on employees). You can tell because the first thing out the window is seasoning the fries. Urban species employee will not salt fries because that's extra work. They will be cold barely cooked instant potatoes with no salt. Next comes completely fucking up your order. I'm not talking putting pickles on when you asked without, I'm talking getting chicken nuggets when you ordered a cheese burger.

Fast food (like whores) will give you all the reasons to quit cold turkey
I believe they have their own local processing factory where the beef comes from, they like to keep the quality control in check. In and out isn't the best, but it blows whataburger in quality. Originally Posted by BLM69
Yes, that's true, quality superior to Whataburger. I love the double-double animal style.
Doesn’t Whataburger use a different kind of beef? Like Brahman vs Hereford, angus, or whatever the regular meat source is? I heard someone say that, no idea if true but it would be interesting to know
Whataburger uses only top quality ingredients.Cooked to perfection.
Whataburger uses only top quality ingredients.Cooked to perfection. Originally Posted by winn dixie

LMFAO. Their quality has gone down the toilet so far since that investment group bought them out.
Whataburger has gone downhill as of late. We've started hitting the Braum's more.
Blasphemy