imax for star wars

I thought seeing Star Wars in IMAX would be worth it,
but the only ImAX theatre is in 12075 So Strang Line Road
Olathe, KS 66062

is that right?

and they seem to be only showing it in 3-d?
is that worth it?

anyone who has seen it in imax or 3d let me know
thanks
Independence has IMAX. So does Barry Road. I've seen it 3 times (2D first, then 3D Imax, then 2D). I didn't care for the 3D (it messes with my eyes...and CGI doesn't do well in 3D).
I saw it in IMAX at Barrywoods and thought it was great, well worth the premium price.
Independence has IMAX. So does Barry Road. I've seen it 3 times (2D first, then 3D Imax, then 2D). I didn't care for the 3D (it messes with my eyes...and CGI doesn't do well in 3D). Originally Posted by stupendous
thanks, I'll look into that,. just not in 3-d
Independence has IMAX. So does Barry Road. I've seen it 3 times (2D first, then 3D Imax, then 2D). I didn't care for the 3D (it messes with my eyes...and CGI doesn't do well in 3D). Originally Posted by stupendous
so the imax means 3-d, right?
Not necessarily.
IMAX = 2d
IMAX 3d = 3d
I have seen it twice, once when it first came out, then went again this week with a friend who hadn't seen it. Saw it in 3D both times. First time on a regular screen, second time in IMAX. Personally, I didn't think IMAX was a big improvement, but I definitely recommend 3D!
Imax just means bigger screen and louder. I'd suggest Barrywoods Prime seating. Nice leather seats that recline and foot rest....with a bass rumbler in the seats. All theaters should have these seats!!
I didn't think the 3D was all that impressive, but I would go see it in IMAX.