gentlemen, DO NOT change your phone number

your life will be over. (well hobby life anyway)
you will be doomed to reacquainting yourself with the hand or that old doll in the closet.
backpage will be your only friend.
so heed my warning, do all you can to keep that phone number.
massage it with warm lotion.
give it jewels and furs.
agree to watch downton abbey with it.
anything
That makes sense ... and I'm guessing that you're learning this the hard way. It probably doesn't help a provider get a warm cozy feeling about you if the number you give her is different from the number that a reference has for you.

Not long ago, I screwed up, let my minutes expire on my pay-as-you-go phone, and had to get a new number. Maybe I just got lucky - so far the biggest hassle has been the part where I had to find a payphone and jump through the hoops to get a new number issued.
your life will be over. (well hobby life anyway)
you will be doomed to reacquainting yourself with the hand or that old doll in the closet.
backpage will be your only friend.
so heed my warning, do all you can to keep that phone number.
massage it with warm lotion.
give it jewels and furs.
agree to watch downton abbey with it.
anything Originally Posted by notequiteatroll

Massage it with warm lotion... give it jewels and furs... hmm are you sure your're talking about the phone shug?? I think you're confused babe, need a head doctor to check you out??
I've found that as long as you have a few providers who you've known for a long time, the phone number thing is an easy hurdle to overcome. BUT, that assumes most of your communications are not via phone, that is, they are over email & PM as well. I change my hobby phone number generally once or twice per year and it has yet to be a big stumbling block.
Sorry for the hassle, NQATroll.

It's not always a problem to change your number. However, with the current environment in NWA, your extensive absence from the hobby, and in addition your current references being AWOL with the exception of 1 provider...

It poses a bit of a challenge for me.

I've spoken with Miss Felina & I think I've got an idea that will solve our problem. Check your PM's & give me a call to discuss it when it's convenient.
Ladies, if a client who you have met contacts you through P411 to say that they have a new number, would that put you at ease?
Ladies, if a client who you have met contacts you through P411 to say that they have a new number, would that put you at ease? Originally Posted by 2wheels2fun
Not necessarily. It depends on how long it's been since they've hobbied & whether any of their references would be able to recognize them with a quick phone call from the new number... Or how specific they could be with details of their date with said providers.

Generally, keeping your screening/contact info consistent is advisable.

P411 is a valuable service, but it's not always a guarantee. Accounts have been compromised in the past... It's a rarity, but it has still happened.

I'm not trying to be difficult, guys. But there is nothing more important to me than my safety & anonymity...both for myself, and my family.
It's just easier to already have a hobby phone and keep the number the same always. You can easily get one from Walmart for under $50
I think it is good for the guy to change numbers when he changes providers and I also believe it is easier if you are on P411, yes 2wheels2fun.... Obviously the provider would have given you an okay if you met off that site.

Sometimes you just have to change your number or your phone and it can make things a little more difficult!!

<3,

Miss Dreams
Well I have changed my number once. Had to shake a Crazy Ass Bitch who wouldn't stop texting or calling.
I think it is good for the guy to change numbers when he changes providers ... Originally Posted by Miss Dreams
So let me get this right... A hobbyist should change his number every time he sees a new provider? I'm a little confused. Please enlighten me...explain why you feel that would be beneficial.
I think it is good for the guy to change numbers when he changes providers... Originally Posted by Miss Dreams
Dreams, do you read the things you type before posting?
So let me get this right... A hobbyist should change his number every time he sees a new provider? I'm a little confused. Please enlighten me...explain why you feel that would be beneficial. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Dreams, do you read the things you type before posting? Originally Posted by Sexy_Brittany
Be nice ladies . . .
Be nice ladies . . . Originally Posted by MrHappy4u
I am being nice, MrHappy. I simply found Miss Dream's statement to be nonsensical and confusing, so I asked her to explain it.

I think Brittany's question, while slightly rhetorical, could also be viewed as a very helpful suggestion.
It seems to be that dreams was referring to PHONE providers?