Buying a boat...need some tips!

Ok boys I need your help. First off, how would you feel about an incall on the water, with a boat slip where you could take a nice cruise on an extended date? I am moving closer to my other incall location and will probably not be using the ones in New Orleans, so I am looking to buy a boat that I can use for both my home and the incall which is only 5 miles away.

Would this appeal to you as an after bcd idea or dinner option? Grabbing a picinic basket with some fruit and cheese, a bottle of wine or champagne, and going on a sunset cruise after playing sounds like a great idea to me, and I adore being on the water!!

If so, what type of boat would you buy? I admit I love sailing but doubt I can afford that, and my atf boat the Baja is out as well lol. So what about a freaking canoe? A party boat? I want something big enough to fit about 6 people seated, but more of a cruiser than a speeder. I realize most of this has to do with the motor and not the actual boat, but I know nothing about boats except partying and soaking up the sun.

I am looking to spend about 10-20k on the boat alone being I won't need to haul it, as it will be on the Marina.
Get one big enough to float around the peninsula and come see me in Cocoa Beach!

Oh wait, you might get lost, so make sure you hire a captain, and please make him HOT! I need something good to look at.
Ok funny girl. Do they make GPS systems for blondes on boats? No worries love, my final move will be to Perdido Key where I will die!
Im stuck between here and Va with the hunky man I married, who also travels and leaves me home alone. I need some clean entertainment, Ill let you be the dirty one.

Im sure where your moving to there are some boat sales centers that can help you. Ill ask the ex since we had 2 boats together. I do know if you arent worried about speed and just for social gatherings that a party barge is the way to go. You can get very "creative" on them too.
Yea but I would look like a total freak parking a barge in my slip lol. I don't even know if it would fit being as I said, I know nothing about boats. I am guessing the size should be on the deed right? I need to look over all of that stuff before I go buy something that won't even fit! I did the same with the new fridge I bought. That thing was huge, and had to go right back to Lowes!
Do I need to buy you a measuring tape?
Definition of a Boat: Hole in the water you pour money into.

Two happiest days of a boat owner's life:

1. Day he buys the boat.
2. Day he sells the boat.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but boats are not investments like a house, and require a lot of maintenance. That said, I bet it could be a lot of fun in the marina or out to sea rocking the boat with you.

From a standpoint of LE, discretion, privacy, etc., could see a lot of questions. If you take the boat offshore into international waters, can you avoid any LE? (suspect LE will see the solicitation issue occurs on land, so they have jurisdiction.)

Is your slip private and discreet, or will the coming & goings of visitors raise some eyebrows?

I think a lot of guys would be interested in a nice cruise after a date, or as a prelude. Dinner cruise, sure. Pricing may be an issue. Some guys may balk at paying your normal hourly rate for non-sexual activities, but the cost of boat ownership and the opportunity for some varied activities should be worth something.
Do I need to buy you a measuring tape? Originally Posted by Sunny Taylor
She has been lied to by so many guys who told her this
:-------------------------> was 6 inches.
London is going to be living on the water pretty much. She just wants a boat and she'll get one.. good investment or not. She just wants to have those wild boat parties.
Buying a boat...need some tips![/B] Originally Posted by London Rayne;1241741 [B

Don't
Definition of a Boat: Hole in the water you pour money into.

Two happiest days of a boat owner's life:

1. Day he buys the boat.
2. Day he sells the boat.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but boats are not investments like a house, and require a lot of maintenance. That said, I bet it could be a lot of fun in the marina or out to sea rocking the boat with you.

From a standpoint of LE, discretion, privacy, etc., could see a lot of questions. If you take the boat offshore into international waters, can you avoid any LE? (suspect LE will see the solicitation issue occurs on land, so they have jurisdiction.)

Is your slip private and discreet, or will the coming & goings of visitors raise some eyebrows?

I think a lot of guys would be interested in a nice cruise after a date, or as a prelude. Dinner cruise, sure. Pricing may be an issue. Some guys may balk at paying your normal hourly rate for non-sexual activities, but the cost of boat ownership and the opportunity for some varied activities should be worth something. Originally Posted by tigercat
All very good points..thanks.

The discretion thing would not apply being only guys who could afford to be seen with me would partake just as they do with dinner dates. I would never umm play out in the open like that, so LE would not be an issue. Are you serious? How would they know it was not a boyfriend or that I was not some swinger? They would not automatically scream "hooker" just seeing a couple on a boat lol.

Playtime would already be over with at the incall, and the boating trip would be conservative with only kissing.

I don't offer short dates in my local area, so that would not be an issue. The "raising eyebrows" thing also not an issue being I would never be stupid enough to show my face and be high volume in the same town I live in lol. I only see 2-4 guys a MONTH locally, and the slip is on the Marina where a ton of other people hang out and party on a daily basis. We are talking about guys from out of town or who are single and can be seen in this situation.

As for the hourly rate thing...take a look at my dinner rates. My 2 hour play time only rate is the exact same as my 3 hour dinner rate, so you get a free hour with the dinner date. My 4 hour dinner is only 100 more than the 2 hour rate, so that equals to 50 bucks an hour after the first two.

I am not looking for a boat to invest in...just to play with right now. If I wanted to invest in one, it would no doubt be a sailboat as that's my passion.
Ok boys I need your help. First off, how would you feel about an incall on the water, with a boat slip where you could take a nice cruise on an extended date? I am moving closer to my other incall location and will probably not be using the ones in New Orleans, so I am looking to buy a boat that I can use for both my home and the incall which is only 5 miles away.

Would this appeal to you as an after bcd idea or dinner option? Grabbing a picinic basket with some fruit and cheese, a bottle of wine or champagne, and going on a sunset cruise after playing sounds like a great idea to me, and I adore being on the water!!

If so, what type of boat would you buy? I admit I love sailing but doubt I can afford that, and my atf boat the Baja is out as well lol. So what about a freaking canoe? A party boat? I want something big enough to fit about 6 people seated, but more of a cruiser than a speeder. I realize most of this has to do with the motor and not the actual boat, but I know nothing about boats except partying and soaking up the sun.

I am looking to spend about 10-20k on the boat alone being I won't need to haul it, as it will be on the Marina. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Get a Party Bardge. They aren't that elaborate and not real fast but pretty stable. Oh and if you would like I'll be glad to be pilot the thing for ya.
Yea, but a party barge is not exactly romantic IMO. I want something smaller and not as obvious.

In keeping with the rep us southern folks have, maybe I should just opt for the swamp boat and string some Christmas lights on it lmao!
London a boat does take alot of maintaince. That being said with the economy the way it is you should be able to get a decent boat for the price your wanting to spend. Not sure but you might want to take a course on piloting a boat, I don't think most states require a license. The course I took was helpfull on know all the rules that apply for water ways. My suggestion would be a 36ft . Most of the ones that I've seen have nice cabins and would hold enough gas for serveral nights out. Good luck in your search.
I won't be doing the maitenance work anyway...that's why I have tons of guy friends lol. I will need insurance though, so I need to look into that as well. If I just get a boat without a motor, I won't need any of this stuff. I may need to just get a freaking canoe lol.