Paperless Money....Forecast US in 5-6 Years

I like cash as it is untraceable. If we actually wind up on a totally cashless system what is the next step for Hobbyist ? Totally sucks in my opinion
That's why bitcoin and other digital currencies will remain. No, a person won't get rich anymore from bitcoin. But it is still possible to move funds anonymously.
Paper money is not going away.
to large of the bottom half of society relys on it so the govt not going take it away.
Paper money is not going away.
to large of the bottom half of society relys on it so the govt not going take it away. Originally Posted by THETAXMAN
Exactly!!!

I remember reading an article about how a local restaurant chain might try going to paperless transactions only accepting credit cards... and having worked for them in the past i thought to myself that would be the stupidest thing they could do as i know a big part of their clientele are cash and carry customers... cash will always be around
Perhaps not in our lifetime. However there's that generation behind us that is used to electronic shopping, etc. so I think, yeah, eventually. But who knows when?
Credit card companies have already approached restaurants offering incentives to not take any cash whatsoever. Not sure if any restaurants accepted, I heard about it reported on NPR last year.

It was completely one sided from the credit card company point of view. Cash is their competition. To offer some sort of bribery to a business in order to manipulate profits and such is Orwellian, imho. But it happened.
They tried to do away with the Penny, the people of Illinois threw a fit. Because it's the land of Lincoln. So if the govt can't get rid of the Penny what makes you think they will get rid of paper.
:ro flmao:
When overseas, they didn't even bother to use the penny where USA currency was used.
Jussie Smollett paid with check LOLs
Who tf uses checks these days?! Especially to hire "hitmen". I swear I thought he was smarter. Lol

I don't see it happening. Not everyone has a bank account even.
cash will probably never die. the group that takes care of my lawn, trees and sprinklers are apparently “cash only”. one weekend recently i was short on cash and offered a check...they declined and instead, accepted the cash i was carrying.

CASH IS KING!!!
At the rodeo this year, the fajita stand had 5 cashiers with 10 people in each line. The line that said "Cash Only" had 1 person in line. Everyone pays with a credit card these days.

I used the cash only line and had to laugh.
I can see a stripper with the card slider for her I phone...How convenient..!!!
Venmo
Cashapp