Attn Providers!

I work in social network marketing, and I have noticed there are a few of you using your real email addresses, that are associated with your Facebook account. Please do not do this, as it is real easy for LE to Cross-Reference email addresses with FB accounts and get personal information. My computer CRM system (needed for my job) automatically cross-references any email address I have, to give me that user's Facebook profile, and I have noticed this a few times.

Just a heads up.
Hey thanks for that, but this is the reason why you are supposed to disaccociate your personal self from your biological self. Meaning all phones, computers, emails, names, addresses, and bank accts used for hobbying. This would b the smartest way to stay out of the bright lights. To me its really all just simply common sense. DUH!!
Common sense yes! Reality, No! There at least 3 other recent threads going abouit this very subject. Some of them couldn't buy a clue! Not only for the reasons you listed but also because FB, Twitter, MySpace are packed with underage kids. Its like a flashing neon sign!

The intermingling of email addresses is interesting. How would having say a hobby account and a personal account hat you access from the same computer of IP affect how the email addresses are picked up? And is there a way to set up a bulletproof wall between them on the same machine or IP?

Let's work through this one as I don't think most people have any idea. I barely know enough to be dangerous!
Chica, your question I believe is different than what the OP was describing, but worthy of discussion.

I am amazed how many ladies have email addresses or other information that eventually leads to personal information. Yahoo friends is a great example. (I am sure guys have same issue, but, well, I don't screw with guys and therefore don't communicate with them)

Telephone numbers are another issue. I see a lot of ladies telephone numbers that can trace back to real life information. If anyone needs a hobby phone, it is a provider.
I'm sure you are right there tigercat! There seems to be a lack of knowledge on how these things all tie together (certainly is on my part!) I would really like to have someone who knows the details to lead a discussion on "FB, do's and don'ts...and the why's". We can dedicate a whole thread to it if someone will step up to the plate.
First off, I am not a techie by any stretch of the imagination.

I have often thought of posting some of this information, but could never figure a way to explain it so it made sense and also where I would not get in trouble for outing someone.

Armed with their email address in yahoo, and the dang request from yahoo (not by them personally) to be their friend or whatever yahoo calls the dang thing, I was able to link my way through to see family pictures of two different registered providers on ECCIE, learn their real names, and probably could, if I was a bad apple, do them some real harm. Now, I am really a nice cat, but the next guy in line my be a real jerk.

Now, I don't have the foggiest idea how to track IP addresses, not even sure what they are, but a computer guru could do some real damage I bet with that.

It is best to:

1. be PARANOID
2. Keep all aspects of your real life and your hobby world apart.
3. Don't associate with people who haven't figured out number 2.
4. Remember number 1.
I just want to report a provider in St. Louis. Her name is Ginger (p69807) and she is on preferred411. It is a total misrepresentation. She is a nice person, but is a fake

Be very careful and try to avoid unless you like such types

Please do not hijack threads, check you Pm for a message from me. CC
Chica to answer your question about Changing the IPS, The EASIEST way to do this is by using a Wireless modem. If you are using one at home, just be sure to unplug / turn it off, before and after you do anything hobby related.. That resets the IP address for you. There are other ways but it is kinda complicated to explain.
Random,

Interesting idea. I had heard that before, and it used to not be a problem for me with the hookup I had, but I suspect I need to look at doing that more often now.

Strangely, in a big brother sort of way, think Orwell's 1984, as I went to open this thread and see what new ideas were here, my computer suddenly announced that updates had been loaded and it was re-booting. I normally have automatic updates turned off, just get notice of the updates and I choose which ones and when I update. Now I keep looking over my cyber shoulder.
Exactly!! I keep seperate (untraceable) phone, email, yahooIM, etc.... and I DO have a FB page, but have turned off photo recognition and have only my hobby address associated with this page.

I hope that's enough for my needs, but ALWAYS appreciate new tips!!!!!
Also, if you take photos with a smart phone, turn off your location services before taking photos. Otherwise, when you post photos it's really easy to get the location via latitude and longitude that automatically gets assigned to each picture, and where ever you are can be found plus or minus an error of about 15 feet. Pretty bad if you're taking photos at your house or someplace you visit a lot
Great suggestion SugarBeth.

Also, for photos made with cameras, always open and then (after any editing) re-save as a new file name using a real graphics package with all composition fields turned OFF. Many ladies have posted photos on their ads and don't realize that in the properties of their photos, sometimes their entire REAL NAMES have been included.

Ladies, if you are not sure about your own photos, right click and select the properties to examine all tabs including authoring information.

Best Regards and Stay Safe, UF