Editing Posts And Deleting Threads

Have you ladies and guys ever had a post edited by a Mod? Yes, I understand editing posts if it discloses location, RW info, drugs, or underage girls. However when a post doesn't violate these guidelines, should it still be edited by a Mod?

Also, when should a thread be totally deleted from a forum? I do understand deleting a thread by a troll, starts out bashing someone, or someone with a agenda. Should a thread be deleted because the outcome wasn't what was expected?
This is the icky. Threads get edited and deleted all the time. What you are referring to is not out of the norm here. Just roll with and do not take it personally.
Nice subject. Tends to be a pet peeve of mine.

IMHO, threads should never be deleted. Closed per board rules, edited to protect RW information and members, and banned subjects. But otherwise, no. We're all adults here and this is an adult board and the mods should behave like that.

Unfortunately, not all of them do.
I agree threads can be closed but shouldn;t be deleted completely.
Nice subject. Tends to be a pet peeve of mine.

IMHO, threads should never be deleted. Closed per board rules, edited to protect RW information and members, and banned subjects. But otherwise, no. We're all adults here and this is an adult board and the mods should behave like that.

Unfortunately, not all of them do. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
This was kinda what I thought too.
Ive had pictures removed (CC lol) but they were against the rules, too explicit..imagine me doing that. lol

Ive had pictures removed (CC lol) but they were against the rules, too explicit..imagine me doing that. lol

Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
Not lil' Miss SNL you always have the perfect picture for every thread i don't know how you do it.

I'm with Skylar on this one. Dogs ARE the smart ones, right?
Ours is not to reason why...... that’s why they have mods!

While I agree different mods have different ways of getting the job done, styles if you will, it’s their job to use their discretion in making and keep this place nice for all of us. Efforts are made on a daily basis to preserve security, and the mods do the best they can. You couldn't pay me to do their job. And as I understand it they are volunteers, so how about we treat them with understanding, respect and and just say thank you!
Ours is not to reason why...... that’s why they have mods!

While I agree different mods have different ways of getting the job done, styles if you will, it’s their job to use their discretion in making and keep this place nice for all of us. Efforts are made on a daily basis to preserve security, and the mods do the best they can. You couldn't pay me to do their job. And as I understand it they are volunteers, so how about we treat them with understanding, respect and and just say thank you! Originally Posted by Still Looking

Its easier just to kick them in the balls. But I have to admit the gross mis-modding of a year ago has pretty much disappeared. Maybe they listened to the experience of the dead mods on the Island.
Just What I Love to Do: Jumpin' Pussy...

SNL, that cat picture is amazing. I have only had a couple posts edited and it was justified.

...no need for me to imagine anything, just send 'em to me (I'm the visual kinda guy)!
LOL

I'm trying to remember an entire thread that I have totally removed in recent times.

The only one was where so much personal information was in there, the editing would have taken forever and rendered the thread moot so it was removed. Sometimes thats just easier. Perhaps Shorty/Charles, lets be specific what thread(s) you are referring to.

Also, we don't delete anything from the site. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean its no longer around.
He's talking about a thread from the Coven.....