The US vs. John Lennon..

So I was watching that documentary a few days ago, and I can't help but get extremely angry every time I watch the bit about the deportation attempt....

So John wanted a concert(anti-war) to be held in San Diego at the same time as the Republican National Convention, so Nixon tried to have him deported because he thought Lennon's anti-war activities could cost him his re-election???...Well Boo Hoo!

I'm not a Nixon fan anyways, but that was some corrupt behaviour, and I still get irritated when I think about it! Yes, from a political standpoint I can understand why Nixon would feel so threatened by Lennon, but come on, trying to have him deported because in 1968 he had misdemeanor conviction for Marijuana possession in London?? Load of Bullocks....

What do you guys think?
Actually, Nixon had an enemies list second only to J Edgar's (but tricky Dick didn't wear a dress lol).

Nixon was as underhanded as they come albeit clumsy.

Lennon was probably here legally, but that is subject living lawfully. Using the London conviction was probably a bit of a stretch. Indicting him on new charges here...well, that might have worked. Back in those days, drug charges were much more serious.
Actually, Nixon had an enemies list second only to J Edgar's (but tricky Dick didn't wear a dress lol).

Nixon was as underhanded as they come albeit clumsy.

Lennon was probably here legally, but that is subject living lawfully. Using the London conviction was probably a bit of a stretch. Indicting him on new charges here...well, that might have worked. Back in those days, drug charges were much more serious. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Exactly...the conviction was a stretch...a really big one....it was so obvious what they were trying to do....Cheeky Bastards.
Agreed. First of all declaring "war" on a deciduous plant is ridiculous.

Also the case of Britain refusing a visa to Michael Savage. An entertainer who makes the political powers that be uncomfortable (except not convicted of anything).
I didn't know how many people were actually on the Banned List.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-1679127.html

I also did not know that Michael Savage was not his real name. His real is Michael Weiner. Very Interesting.. :-)
I didn't know how many people were actually on the Banned List.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-1679127.html

I also did not know that Michael Savage was not his real name. His real is Michael Weiner. Very Interesting.. :-) Originally Posted by coast_encounter
LMAO, "The Savage Weiner"
Here is a very innovative use of government travel policies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ying-home.html

See you when you get home dear!
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM
LMAO, "The Savage Weiner" Originally Posted by Iaintliein
LOL, I actually like Savage, though he can be out there at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs&feature=re lated

John Lennon - Imagine
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
And it's said that Jimi Hendrix was murdered by the US government also. Sometimes artists are more powerful than is respected.

Leah Ireland
LOL, I actually like Savage, though he can be out there at times. Originally Posted by WTF

Savage. Love him or hate him. He is one of those guys that calls them like he sees them and I have to respect that. He yells at everyone equally :-). Also, He's not always right but he is never wrong..

He seems to be a well read man. Pulled him up on Wikipedia

He holds master's degrees in medical botany and medical anthropology and he earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, in nutritional ethnomedicine.

Intesting background
The good Dr is lumped in with some very shady and/or despicable company. Who knew an American radio talk-show host could incite such hostility across the pond to be included in this esteemed list?

Fred Waldron Phelps Snr
Shirley Phelps-Roper
Yunis Al-Astal
Mike Guzovsky
Stephen Donald Black
Erich Gliebe
Artur Ryno
Pavel Skachevsky
Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim
Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal
Safwat Hijazi
Amir Siddique
Abdul Ali Musa
Samir Al Quntar
Nasr Javed

I wonder who is on the US list?
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Savage. Love him or hate him. He is one of those guys that calls them like he sees them and I have to respect that. He yells at everyone equally :-). Also, He's not always right but he is never wrong..

He seems to be a well read man. Pulled him up on Wikipedia

He holds master's degrees in medical botany and medical anthropology and he earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, in nutritional ethnomedicine.

Intesting background Originally Posted by coast_encounter

You must not listen to him....not many shows go by where he won't tell you his credentials!
and his DAMNED DOG Teddy!
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM
and his DAMNED DOG Teddy! Originally Posted by gnadfly
Walked that dog all over San Fran. I bet Becky ran into the Savage man!
Walked that dog all over San Fran. I bet Becky ran into the Savage man! Originally Posted by WTF
Talk to him all the time WTF. In fact the last time we met he said to me.Hey Becky are you aware that.......

2+2
=