Can't download Adobe?

Hi,

I recently had to wipe clean my laptop due to a virus, and now I can't download Adobe - I try to download it, it looks like it's downloaded but it hasn't.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks!
Amanda, there are many different Adobe applications, no idea which one you are referring to. I would start here

http://www.adobe.com/

There are several download links for various programs they offer.
I assume you are wanting the PDF viewer program- Adobe Reader.
Here is the link to the Adobe site- http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

Try this and follow all the instructions.

I imagine some setting in your browser is preventing the download or the default is saving the download somewhere and you can not get to it.

PM might be a better way to help you. check your pm's from me.
I had that same problem

Whenever I had to download a bus schedule the site said I needed adobe to read it so I downloaded it but the bus schedule file wouldn't open even though I had adobe.

I'd say keep trying to download it
Try Foxit Reader. Smaller & faster than Adobe Acrobat Reader and fewer updates.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
  • Mokoa
  • 07-31-2011, 10:12 PM
The Adobe Acrobat reader is a notoriously buggy program. Always has been.
I use an old version, Version 7. I have found it to be a lot more reliable than the more recent versions.
Word! on Foxit (modest size not the bloatware from Adobe) and Word! on using an eariler version if you have to use Adobe's reader. FWIW I have Foxit on all my computers.
Been using Adobe products for years with no problems. Absolutely never heard that Reader "is a notoriously buggy program."

Have worked with lots of computers that have other conflicts that manifest themselves thru Reader. Tidy up the machine and you are good to go.

The Adobe Acrobat reader is a notoriously buggy program. Always has been.
I use an old version, Version 7. I have found it to be a lot more reliable than the more recent versions. Originally Posted by Mokoa
jframe2, I'm gonna disagree. I just downloaded the Adobe reader 10.0. First it automatically changes the setting that it is the default reader. Then if I wanted to create a PDF (of a PDF work related as I am doing this) I had to open onenote. Bullfeathers. Next is size (size "does" matter LOL). 108 flipping megs!!! For a reader? Puuhhlleeaassee. Foxit reader's size? 29.2 megs. And the think launches quickly like two or three seconds. I go make coffee while I wait for Adobe (I wanna call it "Adopey"). Sorry Adobe is bloatware.
Let me update that size issue as I am now in my control panel to uninstall the bloatware. Adobe is 113 megs and Foxit is 24.8. :^Þ
Thank you everyone! Some of the advice I don't understand but love the advice to use another program - and link.

My resolution has been that I open Adobe in Firefox and that's fine, Internet Explorer won't allow it.
chloe,

you may already know this. but in case you dont...

when you download a file using a browser, it will usually ask you if you want to "open it" right after download or if you want to "save it".

if you save it and it's an installation file, you have to find the file then double click or open the file to actually get the program installed.

sometimes, when indicate you want to save it, browsers may just save the file in it's default location.

if you cannot down and install Adobe Reader or Foxit, you might post back and describe pretty much what steps you performed. then i imagine of us can help you further.

good luck!