Capitol rioters could face up to 10 years

Poor Trumptards.

Capitol rioters could face up to 10 years in prison under Trump monument executive order

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cap...-order-federal

Federal law enforcement officials are investigating and will bring charges against rioters

Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen vowed that pro-Trump rioters who entered the U.S. Capitol would "face the full consequences of their actions under the law," and those consequences could include being charged under President Trump's executive order authorizing up to 10 years in prison for "injury of federal property."

"Some participants in yesterday’s violence will be charged today, and we will continue to methodically assess evidence, charge crimes and make arrests in the coming days and weeks to ensure that those responsible are held accountable under the law," Rosen continued.

The order directs the Department of Justice to "prosecute to the fullest extent permitted under federal law" those who vandalize government property. Federal law allows 10 years in prison as a maximum punishment for such vandalism.
That prison time sounds about right to me for those idiots. If you are going to cause damage to a federal building and property while in full retard mode, at least be smart enough to wear a ski mask. That was what I was told as a child if I ever decided to crash a federal building to try to overturn election results by trying to intimidate congress.
They didn’t wear masks because they were Trumpys. Don’t expect high level thinking from them.

I can’t imagine being a person whose face is all over social media taking selfies and posing in the capital and knowing that at any moment I’m gonna be picked up by the FBI. Actually, since they likely don’t watch the news and only read Parlor they have no idea the govt is gonna be charging them with crimes. They likely still see themselves as heroes of the 2021 revolution. They also believe that Trumps speech yesterday was a deep fake created by the media.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump attempts some kinda mass pardon for these folks on Jan 19.
  • Old-T
  • 01-08-2021, 06:05 AM
When people are in a cult they have already given up questioning the semi-divine leader. Too many zombies have crossed the event horizon into full membership into the cult of Trump. For them I suspect the "thought" would be something like:
--Fearless Leader told us this is our divine duty
--Fearless Leader know best, God talks directly to him; our obligation is to do what Fearless Leader tells us to.
--If we believe, nothing will go wrong. And if it does go wrong Fearless Leader will protect us. (Given the scum Trump has already pardoned as a result of their loyalty to him they have reason to assume he would certainly pardon them, and I think he likely will.)
There were unarmed peaceful protesters
Except for the ones with guns and the guy charged with molotov cocktails. Oh and the explosives that were later found in adjacent buildings.
Strange. I didn't see any Molotov cocktails. I heard pipebombs were discovered at both the DNC and RNC headquarters in DC but that was a "first report."

Yesterday I read that 750K people were involved. Never heard that figure reported. Massive crowd though.

Pelosi better be worried. The polite people came yesterday.

If they were in Portland or Chicago the "mostly peaceful protestors" wouldn't have been arrested, much less tried or imprisoned. Police wouldn't have allowed to draw their weapons and the building would have been ablaze.

But it didn't happen because they were Trump supporters.
There's a dead cop.
That's probably 20 to life easily for a handful of folks.
They didn’t wear masks because they were Trumpys. Don’t expect high level thinking from them.

I can’t imagine being a person whose face is all over social media taking selfies and posing in the capital and knowing that at any moment I’m gonna be picked up by the FBI. Actually, since they likely don’t watch the news and only read Parlor they have no idea the govt is gonna be charging them with crimes. They likely still see themselves as heroes of the 2021 revolution. They also believe that Trumps speech yesterday was a deep fake created by the media.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump attempts some kinda mass pardon for these folks on Jan 19. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Lots of mind reading here. The FBI will take its sweet time.

BTW, you should see the backlog of criminal cases in major cities due to COVID. They'll get to 2020 in 2023 qt this rate.
There's a dead cop.
That's probably 20 to life easily for a handful of folks. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
I'm reading that too but no COD. Strange how all of a sudden these BLM, Dims and Antifa types are concerned about cops.
Strange. I didn't see any Molotov cocktails. I heard pipebombs were discovered at both the DNC and RNC headquarters in DC but that was a "first report."

Yesterday I read that 750K people were involved. Never heard that figure reported. Massive crowd though.

Pelosi better be worried. The polite people came yesterday.

If they were in Portland or Chicago the "mostly peaceful protestors" wouldn't have been arrested, much less tried or imprisoned. Police wouldn't have allowed to draw their weapons and the building would have been ablaze.

But it didn't happen because they were Trump supporters. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The "mostly peaceful protesters" will not be charged. Those that illegally entered the Capitol building and destroyed property will be charged.
Is funny that NOW Beijing bobs saying "domestic terrorist and riotous mob ",,,, All summer long cities burning people killed and NOTHING ,
I say apply the law to everyone

the sad thing is, its not
The "mostly peaceful protesters" will not be charged. Those that illegally entered the Capitol building and destroyed property will be charged. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Sure. Everybody who entered the Capitol building will be charged. Keep us updated.

Is funny that NOW Beijing bobs saying "domestic terrorist and riotous mob ",,,, All summer long cities burning people killed and NOTHING , Originally Posted by rexdutchman
That's because Antifa, "Woman's March Group", BLM and Occupy Wallstreet are all Democratic funded arms. Yesterday, it was mainly Trump supporters.

I say apply the law to everyone

the sad thing is, its not Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
If it was there wouldn't have been a protest.
I am astounded by gnadfly’s staunch defense and support of these criminals and continued threats of violence against the government.

I haven’t read a single word of dismay, sadness or contrition for Trump’s idiot rebellion.

From his ravings, I can only surmise he is wracked with guilt that he wasn’t the one who put the MAGA had on the statue of Jefferson.

You still have time to attend the inauguration.

Stand down, gnadfly, and step off!