This Republian loves Obamacare and explains why.

This person is a republican who has been in both the employer/group market and the individual market. She explains why she loves the ACA.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-m-...153017542.html
  • CJ7
  • 01-23-2014, 05:15 PM
By Kirsten Stewart
and Robert Gehrke
| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published 5 hours ago • Updated 3 minutes ago

Utah will expand Medicaid to cover more of the state’s uninsured, Gov. Gary Herbert said Thursday.
"Doing nothing ... I’ve taken off the table. Doing nothing is not an option," the Republican governor said at his monthly news conference, broadcast live on KUED Channel 7.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...deral.html.csp
She believes in UNI-CORNS, just like you two...
  • CJ7
  • 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
the unicorn is growing a horn ... Arkansas soon to follow

the expansion of the program should continue, and the right wing will be sitting in the corner.
Horrible. Just horrible. Before you know it, People will be able to sign up for health insurance from the comfort of their own homes. Just like it used to be before that horrible Obama took office.
Such a miraculous find, a Republican that is elated over Obamacare. There are many articles out there telling of Democrats that oppose Obamacare, big whoop.

Jim
  • CJ7
  • 01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Such a miraculous find, a Republican that is elated over Obamacare. There are many articles out there telling of Democrats that oppose Obamacare, big whoop.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
but the democratic governors aren't the ones keeping their state from participating in healthcare

woop
but the democratic governors aren't the ones keeping their state from participating in healthcare

woop Originally Posted by CJ7
All States participate in Healthcare regardless of their Governors political affiliation. I have healthcare and my Governor is a Republican. So what are you trying to prove.

Jim
Is your state accepting the funds to expand Medicare coverage?
  • CJ7
  • 01-24-2014, 01:12 AM
All States participate in Healthcare regardless of their Governors political affiliation. I have healthcare and my Governor is a Republican. So what are you trying to prove.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin

States do not do Medicare, it is Medicaid. Medicare is a federal program.

Accepting the funds to expand Medicaid means you are stuck with no guarantee that the federal government will continue to fund the money in the future.

The ACA is a horrible act if you call it Obamacare or ACA. Only thing worse than the Patriot Act.
Horrible. Just horrible. Before you know it, People will be able to sign up for health insurance from the comfort of their own homes. Just like it used to be before that horrible Obama took office. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You mean like they couldn't do when the ACA first took effect?
No wonder flighter didn't expound on the article. He couldn't. The author, who claims to be a republican though she never said she voted for republicans (she said she DIDN'T vote for democrats), says she loves Obamacare because it gives her husband access to healthcare for a pre-existing condition. Then she talked about a Reagan era law that gave her Cobra (thanks Ronald Reagan) for a time and access to healthcare after it expired (thanks again Ronald Reagan) but now Obamacare saves her life. What she forgot to mention (and so did flighter) is that the GOP had ideas about pre-existing conditions and high risk pools but these were shot down by the Obamacons.

So if you know the facts then you realized that flighter just got on his own six and shot himself in the ass.

People act like there wasn't private insurance before the ACA.... I had it for several years...including when I had cancer. Was affordable..covered me during that bad time and I am grateful that I took the responsibility on my own to cover myself. I have insurance through my employer now and already know that coverage will probably be dropped in October along with about another 60 million policies due to the fact I don't need maternity coverage, contraception coverage and the like. States are hesitating to expand Medicaid coverage mainly due to the fact of disappearing federal payouts for it over several years and the fact that the expanded coverage is for people who could in most part pay for their own insurance..... I am all for a "safety net" for those who CAN'T help themselves.... I am not for shelling out billions for people who WON'T help themselves.....oh, and add to it the millions of illegal aliens who will be covered as well....even after promises that they wouldn't. Chalk that one up with the Stupak Agreement of no federal funds to be used for abortion which Herr Obama is going to renege on as well.